kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

The only worthwhile 2nd expansion of the first run would be in IMAX, since home video will be out already. That’s up to IMAX more than it’s up to Disney.     

That said, there are no IMAX releases between Hobbs & Shaw and It2, so IMAX will be freaking dead in late August. Same situation last year led to Marvel 10 year anniversary film festival, where they showed all 20 movies on the week of Aug 30-Sep 6. This year it’s pretty easy to imagine them deciding that Endgame returning to IMAX would make more money than Hobbs and Shaw5th weekend IMAX. They’ll probably announce something for that week by Aug 12 or so.

Edited by Thanos Legion

45 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Truth be told, I am not happy with these expansion numbers. You got this high hype for expansion and do what?

Barely double of Jurassic World in 12th weekend. Not done. Should have cleared 8-9mn. Bad day for me. FFH miss 100mn China, India lose match and EG :gold:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=weekend&id=jurassicpark4.htm

What's your project final gross for the movie?

Disney, ever determined to knock “Avatar” off that perch, brought “Avengers: Endgame” back to multiplexes before it even left, enticing audiences with additional content and deleted scenes that didn’t make it into the initial three-hour movie. The special screenings, dubbed a Bring Back event, also included a video introduction from director Anthony Russo and a preview of “Spider-Man: Far From Home,” which hits theaters on Tuesday.

“Avengers: Endgame” wasn’t expected to pass “Avatar’s” benchmark from this weekend alone (before the re-release it was pacing behind by $44 million). It’s also safe to assume Disney still has a few tricks up its sleeve to get the film to ultimate box office glory. It’s still a testament to Marvel that the juggernaut returned to the top 10 on domestic box office charts, placing seventh for the weekend after almost two months of release. It has now earned $841 million in North America and $1.92 billion internationally.

Variety, for those in the back.

1 minute ago, john2000 said:

it seems that the logic is only for the select ones from those called analysts

You are mistaking Hollywood trades box office analysts with a Forbes contributor, that’s significantly not the same. Scott is a fine character, but most of us here could run better box office analysis than he does.

1 minute ago, ZattMurdock said:

You are mistaking Hollywood trades box office analysts with a Forbes contributor, that’s significantly not the same. Scott is a fine character, but most of us here could run better box office analysis than he does.

no i meant in general those guys, both analyst and guys from sites

I was hoping for higher numbers, but this is still good and can help it get there in the long run. The actuals could shoot up like last weekend, and this new version is staggered in many countries. I expect this and a Far From Home boost to work together, giving boosted numbers, especially domestically. Either way, I’m on this train until it derails and explodes. Even then my charred body will get out and try to keep pushing it along. It is so close, I won’t give up on the hope that it gets there! Avatar’s number is set in stone, while Endgame’s is still in motion. It will probably be around $25 million away after actuals. That is ridiculously close, so it is foolish to say it’s over, especially when many things could still go right with it and Far From Home. Disney is not going to let it fall $10 million short. That may even lead to some bad publicity and mocking. Do a true re-release with substantial footage, and bring it back to IMAX and other premium formats for a little bit. And do whatever it takes to get a re-release in China, though I doubt that will happen. There is also an off chance some unaccounted for money gets added late in the run. I will keep the dream going, there’s just too many possibilities to consider. Remember when we said $2.750 billion would be a challenge?

5 minutes ago, Doctor Stark said:

I was hoping for higher numbers, but this is still good and can help it get there in the long run. The actuals could shoot up like last weekend, and this new version is staggered in many countries. I expect this and a Far From Home boost to work together, giving boosted numbers, especially domestically. Either way, I’m on this train until it derails and explodes. Even then my charred body will get out and try to keep pushing it along. It is so close, I won’t give up on the hope that it gets there! Avatar’s number is set in stone, while Endgame’s is still in motion. It will probably be around $25 million away after actuals. That is ridiculously close, so it is foolish to say it’s over, especially when many things could still go right with it and Far From Home. Disney is not going to let it fall $10 million short. That may even lead to some bad publicity and mocking. Do a true re-release with substantial footage, and bring it back to IMAX and other premium formats for a little bit. And do whatever it takes to get a re-release in China, though I doubt that will happen. There is also an off chance some unaccounted for money gets added late in the run. I will keep the dream going, there’s just too many possibilities to consider. Remember when we said $2.750 billion would be a challenge?

I thought Endgame was awesome but geez, mcu fans are determined lol. The movie is coming to video soon. It's theatrical run is just about over. 

Edited by Sagemode87

Just now, Sagemode87 said:

Geez, mcu fans are determined lol. The movie is coming to video soon. It's theatrical run is just about over. 

Yes, because clearly you are an unbiased party with no agenda. I am looking at it half full, you half empty. Let’s wait until at least the end of next weekend when this and the Far From Home boost are closer to over before we declare any absolutes. This is Disney, not some small indie studios. They will need to boost the worldwide total by less than 0.5% at the end of it all. Not even close to impossible. A couple unexpected great holds in the next week and everything changes.

7 minutes ago, Sagemode87 said:

I thought Endgame was awesome but geez, mcu fans are determined lol. The movie is coming to video soon. It's theatrical run is just about over. 

Correct when they can later so a real rerelease with a few min of crap footage before credits like Avatar with premium screens.

Overall numbers are not very good. Even though its a staggered re-release it'll be a slow crawl from here on. 

I still think they should've taken their time and done a proper re-release with footage integrated to actual movie rather than something slapped together at the end. Reckon its gonna fall $8-10m short of the overall record.

• Like 1

Something interesting that was just brought to my attention:

Endgame re-release first weekend:

Domestic: $5.54M International: $2.3M

Avatar: Special Edition opening weekend:

Domestic: $4M International: $1.4M

It will be interesting to track Avengers: Endgame keeping a close watch to this:

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?page=daily&id=avatarspecialedition.htm

@Charlie Jatinder