kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Avatar had pre-sales record. That's surprise.

If it is, not to me, I remember too much the excitement about it, the preparations, the buzz was insane in my circle of friends. Only not sure how GA outside of my RL perceived it then, its some years back 😉 

(I am only guessing out of the wording something non Disney holds the record)

• Like 1

Just now, terrestrial said:

If it is, not to me, I remember too much the excitement about it, the preparations, the buzz was insane in my circle of friends. Only not sure how GA outside of my RL perceived it then, its some years back 😉 

(I am only guessing out of the wording something non Disney holds the record)

Harry Potter DH 2 or Spectre/Skyfall may be better pick than Avatar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Harry Potter DH 2 or Spectre/Skyfall may be better pick than Avatar.

I would suspect it’s DH2. That had the 6th biggest opening ever in Germany, and we know how presale and previews heavy it was. Avatar OW is 43rd.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Sometimes I hate acronyms.... what stand it for please? I am sure it is something obvious.

Sorry 🤐 But I know what you mean, I remember reading TMNT2 and I just wasn't able to tell that it's Ninja Turtles :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I know Belgium is a small and not important country but I do want to says it sold quite a lot of seats yesterday.

In 'Gent' a big student city (for Belgian standards) The midnights IMAX IW+EG have sold  447/544  the 3 frontrows are still pretty much empty. But they added another midnight double screening for it (Only other movies I know that had that where TFA and maybe TLJ but not sure about TLJ). The second one is about 80/548 and was just added today because the first one was pretty much full.

They also added 2 midnight double screening (IW+EG) on sat. So far only double feature midnights have been released for presalles I think but will check it. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, pepsa said:

I know Belgium is a small and not important country

I don't care, your country could be the size of a pea, as long as tickets get sold I want to know (not important? It has some pretty influential governmental centres see EU 😉 And it is not really small in my POV). 

Btw, you have some very beautiful places, was with my family in my car and a caravan at the back there a few years back.

And your beer :wub: all meals we got was tasty to eat (not a fan of the Brussel sprouts)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, justvision said:

The hype of Endgane in Asia is unprecedented. An example:

Avengers: Endgame Opening Night Tickets Almost Sold Out All Over Malaysia (UPDATED)

"In Malaysia, Infinity War is the highest grossing movie of all time, having raked in over US$17.3 million (~RM70.5 million). "

"Endgame has broken TGV cinemas all time pre-sales records. Not only that, but TGV also mentioned that their Endgame pre-sales is 70% higher than their pre-sales of Infinity War"

• Like 1
  • Astonished 6

First approx. 12 hours of presales in Finland (largest theater chain only):

Wednesday (OD): 

9832/13520 = 72.7% of available seats sold

Thursday:

3584/12116 = 29.6% of available seats sold

Friday:

3918/12116 = 32.3% of available seats sold

Saturday:

3593/14737 = 24.4% of available seats sold

Sunday:

1546/14737 = 10.5% of available seats sold

Some observations/notices:

- Unfortunately I don't have Infinity War's presale data because I didn't track it back in 2018.

- There's only one IMAX theater in Finland, so those tickets are going like hot cakes: the opening day IMAX screenings are all sold out and the rest of the opening weekend's IMAX screenings will also most likely sell out.

- The presales are so far massively concentrated on the opening day. They even added a 10:30 AM screening slot in Helsinki for the craziest cats out there, lmao! Hopefully the OD ticket uptake will proceed at a brisk pace so that the other days will start to get some "spillover" love as well.

- That's 22 473 admissions already in the bag as far as opening weekend is concerned. Infinity War opened (over a similar 5-day frame) with 95 542 admissions back in 2018.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 3

12 minutes ago, peludo said:

Spain presales:

Endgame: 80k admissions in 24h

TFA sold 49k during those 24h

IW sold 83k... along 4 weeks

I see possible EG beating OW record in Spain (held by The Impossible with €10.28m 4-day opening, like EG). But even in that case it could still not reach TFA levels (€33m). IW had a x2.83 multiplier from a 3-day opening.

Said this, with an OW record €25m would be likely, what would already mean a 22.5% in local currency.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1