kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

14 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Endgame pre-sales started in Pakistan and they are over the roof. A friend barely managed to get tickets for himself. Hopefully, it beat Furious 8 pkr 267mn to become biggest Hollywood film there.

Top 5 Hollywood films being

FF8 267mn ($2.5mn)

FF7 253mn ($2.5mn)

A:IW 230mn ($2mn)

JW:FK 161mn ($1.35mn)

MI:F 152mn ($1.25mn)

A:AoU did 131mn ($1.3mn) in 2015.

Now that I put the list, realised how similar is it to China.

(Indian in me right now:apocalypse:)

2 FF films at top, with the 8th one crossing the 7th in local currency but barely crossing in USD. Infinity War ended up 3rd and a big jump on Age of Ultron.

JW and MI also doing big.

And most likely Endgame will finally be top grosser in both territories from MCU.

Edited by Charlie Jatinder

7 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Endgame pre-sales started in Pakistan and they are over the roof. A friend barely managed to get tickets for himself. Hopefully, it beat Furious 8 pkr 267mn to become biggest Hollywood film there.

Top 5 Hollywood films being

FF8 267mn ($2.5mn)

FF7 253mn ($2.5mn)

A:IW 230mn ($2mn)

JW:FK 161mn ($1.35mn)

MI:F 152mn ($1.25mn)

A:AoU did 131mn ($1.3mn) in 2015.

another one fell this movie just cant stop breaking records , hope it continues

Based on what I see, this looks like it is going to match or increase in most markets.

Like I think the issue is that like AOU it may fall from IW in European Markets, but if they open that strongly I highly doubt it.

Thing is IW is already the biggest film overseas since Avatar so how much room is there to really grow? 

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

Based on what I see, this looks like it is going to match or increase in most markets.

Like I think the issue is that like AOU it may fall from IW in European Markets, but if they open that strongly I highly doubt it.

Thing is IW is already the biggest film overseas since Avatar so how much room is there to really grow? 

And the big difference with EG/IW compared with AoU/Avengers is that there is only a 1 year gab, it's 1 big storry and the hype is even bigger than with IW. On the other side AoU hype ww was on par with Avengers not really stronger (some markets it was others were weaker). Whilst for EG it's all up so far.  (+ EG won't have the same ER drop as AoU had from Avengers).

Edited by pepsa

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

You never know. IW did 44mn in India, right. There are many in trade actually pitching 60mn.

15 minutes ago, XO21 said:

https://news.yahoo.com/avengers-endgame-target-break-time-uk-opening-weekend-box-office-record-145051230.html

Not sure how reliable Applaudience is but they're saying End Game has already made £10.75m aka $14.0m.

Check there link, in article. They have occupancy count of around 5000 shows.

https://applaudience.com/showtimes/avengers-endgame

• ...wtf 1

2 hours ago, Lordmandeep said:

A lot.         

At least 40% room to grow, with good reception.

The only way EG would decrease from IW is if it's insanely frontloaded. At least for my market IW was already about as frontloaded as can be, so I find it hard to believe the legs would be even shorter. Of course, never say never, but it would be a shock if EG decreased anywhere from IW in local currency.

Presales will open on April 16 in Indonesia. I’ll give a report on that day about AEG presales based on 2 major chains ( accounted for roughly 85% market share ) seat count , If they’re not crashing of course. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Marathon said:

The only way EG would decrease from IW is if it's insanely frontloaded. At least for my market IW was already about as frontloaded as can be, so I find it hard to believe the legs would be even shorter. Of course, never say never, but it would be a shock if EG decreased anywhere from IW in local currency.

Yes decreases seem very improbable at this point in time.

I would fully agree that it will be more frontloaded than IW, but the OW should be big enough that even with bad legs it could get over 2B.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Claudio said:

Presales will open on April 16 in Indonesia. I’ll give a report on that day about AEG presales based on 2 major chains ( accounted for roughly 85% market share ) seat count , If they’re not crashing of course. 

In other words, no seat count report will happen ;) 

• Haha 1

Avengers: Endgame presales in China have skyrocketed to record heights within the first few hours. According to Maoyan Box Office System, Endgame sold over 1 million tickets in the first six hours after they went on sale Friday local time. This is a record for all movies in the Middle Kingdom; not even a Chinese New Year title has crossed the 1M admission level in the same amount of time.
What’s more, Endgame topped the first 24 hours of Avengers: Infinity War within just the first hour of presales. In its first three hours, the latest Disney/Marvel superhero epic overtook the first seven days of presales on Infinity War.

Infinity War holds the all-time presales record of $65M, including $8.9M from its midnights, though it is the record holder even without those. Last year, IW tickets went on sale 21 days and seven hours prior to release, whereas Endgame will have 11 days and 12 hours of presales.

Some of the figures above do not include Wanda cinemas, whose system put Endgame tickets on sale six hours after other platforms.
As of 9 p.m. Friday Beijing time, Endgame had sold RMB 88M ($13.12M) worth of tickets. It crossed RMB 100M in 10 hours.

Estimates on the ground in China expect Endgame to do at least $75M in presales — some see $100M, we’re hearing — which would set a record. However, numbers this wild this early are unprecedented.

Endgame opens April 24 in China, two days ahead of domestic, giving it a five-day launch weekend — though Sunday, April 28, is a working day ahead of an extended holiday the following week.

https://deadline.com/2019/04/avengers-endgame-china-presales-record-1202594805/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

• Like 1
  • Astonished 2

On 4/11/2019 at 1:27 PM, Charlie Jatinder said:

Now that I put the list, realised how similar is it to China.

(Indian in me right now:apocalypse:)

2 FF films at top, with the 8th one crossing the 7th in local currency but barely crossing in USD. Infinity War ended up 3rd and a big jump on Age of Ultron.

JW and MI also doing big.

And most likely Endgame will finally be top grosser in both territories from MCU.

A:IW was huge here but not on the level of Fast 8. 

It did break the opening weekend record though by earning 8 crores. 

A:EG is projected to open above 10 crores + 

• Thanks 1

Thee bright green line is Endgame

Keep smashing.

D4AaRcdUIAARFk4.jpg

Beyond Expectation: Avengers: Endgame sold unprecedented $20 million-plus in the first 24 hours of Chinese advance ticket sale. It's higher than any other titles including those box office monsters from Chinese New Year at the same period. More:

D4AXWZfVUAAELks.jpg

14 hours ago, Claudio said:

Cannot wait to fight for the tickets! 😅And according to the latest info, the first show will start at 8AM!

Edited by catlover
  • Like 1