kayumanggi

AVENGERS ENDGAME | 1939.4 M overseas ● 2797.8 M worldwide

9 hours ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

I will be happy with 55 but I hope it somehow do miracle 75.

We'll already need a little miracle for $55M (~4,2M admissions). $50M to $52M already seems optimistic.

However, $75M would be possible with admissions being up 30% and €/$ being 30% stronger for 1,45$, so you should really hope for some huge crisis in US :D

7 hours ago, UserHN said:

Do you think SW9 can at least get to 75M in Germany?

$80M should easily happen.

• Like 1

First approx. 2 days of presales in Finland (largest theater chain only):

Wednesday (OD): 

11166/14556 = 76.7% of available seats sold

Thursday:

4339/12116 = 35.8% of available seats sold

Friday:

4803/12116 = 39.6% of available seats sold

Saturday:

4463/14737 = 30.3% of available seats sold

Sunday:

2105/14737 = 14.3% of available seats sold

Some observations/notices:

- The opening day capacity was increased after last time of check.

- 26 876 opening weekend admissions already secured. Hopefully will cross 30k by the start of next week.

Edited by Marathon
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5

Mexico:

6 hours ago, Carlangonz said:

https://expansion.mx/tendencias/2019/04/05/avengers-endgame-rompe-record-preventa-trono-a-infinity-war

Cinemex sold about 450,000 tickets for Endgame in just the first 12 hours os sales. Over 85,000 people went to Cinemex app and website to get tickets last Tuesday at midnight, to compare, for Infinity War the peak was of 20,000 people.

By Thursday noon, the chain has sold over 600,000 tickets. 

If I'm not mistaken, this surpassed total presales of TFA, BVS and AOU within 12 hours.

ticket price

6 hours ago, Purple Minion said:

From what I could see in Cinepolis, $4.25 is the average. 

National average is $50 lc

For big releases is $56-$60

For Captain Marvel was $62

Something I've forgotten to add is that all chains increased their prices for Endgame about 5%-10% (Although I don't know if it's only for PS or the complete run).

So I'm expecting average for Endgame to be $64-$68 lc ($3.3-$3.5 USD).

For Infinity War was $56 lc ($3 USD)

edited to add Carlangonz's answer. Average is way less

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Spain Presales:

Endgame      - 80k admissions in 24 hours

TFA              - 49k admissions in 24 hours

Infinity War - 83k admissions in 4 weeks

Edit - seems like the source was none other than our very own @peludo

Thanks for pointing it out

UK

4 hours ago, ZeeSoh said:

Avengers Endgame - 435,000+ tickets on first day (see UK thread, exact time in question)

The Force Awakens - 200,000+ tickets on first day

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/oct/21/star-wars-the-force-awakens-smashes-tickets-sales-records

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

That would be a good club. I think it’s definitely possible. 

Wouldn’t be allowed, Marvel vs DC. And probably also to close too existing club. I did propose the (slightly) more realistic over Rogue One as a bonus in Charlie’s 1B+ club, so if you wanna get on board just head over there :) 

Edited by Thanos Legion

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Mexico:

ticket price

A part of me says "Do an 'Endgame over $50M USD in Mexico within its first week of release' club" 🤔 Might be too early to call. 

Edited by Carlangonz
  • Astonished 2

48 minutes ago, rishijoesanu said:

@terrestrial

Have presales opened everywhere? My friend got his ticket at Kinopolis but apparently, Cinestar and few other chains are yet to open bookings

I try to go to all OS threads, can't say for sure where is what situation, in most Europe countries (exception might be: no presale posts in the French thread), AUS & NZ, at least some if not all South America countries, Mexico, the presale has started,.... but no, its not open everywhere.

E.g. in Russia they need an exhibition licence to screen a movie, they wont give said licence earlier than the usual 3-5 days before premier. The premier in Russia is later than in the other countries (I think it was mentioned a week or so, probably based on local movies, but they have a few holiday days now, so that shouldn't be too bad)

Also no presales in China yet, but the want to see / interest count is already near the total of A IW. Hong Kong the presales have started and look to be insane per the IMAX sale screenshots

No news about presales in the Japanese thread, someone asked already ~ if...

India is still discussing interest levels. For the moment the Indian members here seem not to know ehen presales will start, maybe even a week later than in SK

South Korea, acc Olive presale wont start before next week. 

I hope I have not forgotten a country or two

Edited by terrestrial

22 hours ago, Pypa94 said:

Avengers: Endgame

presales info

The movie will have previews on 24th of April

There are 407 shows across the country (about 85% the of market)

Here there is a breakdown of shows.

all double screening  
All shows 407 37 9% of all 
2D 351 28 86%
3D 32   8%
IMAX 12 6 3%
4DX 6   1%
VIP 6 3 1%

For now, Endgame only for this one particular day (66% of the market) sold 30k tickets which are already about 57% of ALL tickets sold on preview's day of IW (100% market!)

~30k  compared to 52 711 (IW)

And still 19 days until the previews!

IW was released on 470 screens, I think EG will have more than 500 easily, maybe close to 550.

IW opened with FSS 271 279, 4day 334 901, with previews 387 612 and cume 1 225 208 (gross 26 145 165PLN ~ $6,8 million)

Now for I would see something like this: FSS 300k, 4day 375k, with previews 450k and cume a least 1,5 million (it can have higher avr. price of the ticket because of double screenings so about PLN33 million~ $8,6 million (+25%)

Although cume for EG is tricky to predict because of May's holiday which but for cinemas, a lot of people will be on holiday far from the cinema.

BUT I think that's a floor :) 

I hope I'm wrong and that's not even a basement 😜 

In India we don't have pre-sales until the week of release. The earliest that may happen is ticket portal issuing passes for tickets booking. Endgame had passes with Captain Marvel and even now there are many such passes.

Infinity War had 5 days of pre-sales run and that's earliest of what even biggest Bollywood films get. Same gonna happen with Endgame unless Marvel India goes with the trend of rest of world and drop a bomb.

Current thinking after last 4 days. Went with a high and medium scenario, don’t want to put the bad scenario on paper atm.    

Based on the history of Markus, McFeely, Russo works I’m going to work with an assumption of approximately IW level reception. 

Domestically, I think an OW of perhaps 285, with 2.6 legs, for 740M. 

China has a 5-day workday Sunday opening followed by a 4 day holiday in the next week, so that’s a little strange. Based on people with more China experience+a sense of personal bullishness about Endgame, going with 270/500. 

OS-C the legs should be basically 2.5. I’ll say a pretty optimistic 30% OW increase in lc on average, would be 520, then -~5% for ER differences gives 494*2.5=1235. 

Add it all up is a combined OW of 1.05B and a total of 2.475B.   

If reception is more so-so maybe DOM 260*2.4=625, China 240*1.67=400, OS-C 425*2.33=990. Combined OW 925, total 2.015.

Edited by Thanos Legion

2 hours ago, terrestrial said:

I try to go to all OS threads, can't say for sure where is what situation, in most Europe countries (exception might be: no presale posts in the French thread), AUS & NZ, at least some if not all South America countries, Mexico, the presale has started,.... but no, its not open everywhere.

E.g. in Russia they need an exhibition licence to screen a movie, they wont give said licence earlier than the usual 3-5 days before premier. The premier in Russia is later than in the other countries (I think it was mentioned a week or so, probably based on local movies, but they have a few holiday days now, so that shouldn't be too bad)

Also no presales in China yet, but the want to see / interest count is already near the total of A IW. Hong Kong the presales have started and look to be insane per the IMAX sale screenshots

No news about presales in the Japanese thread, someone asked already ~ if...

India is still discussing interest levels. For the moment the Indian members here seem not to know ehen presales will start, maybe even a week later than in SK

South Korea, acc Olive presale wont start before next week. 

I hope I have not forgotten a country or two

In India presale may start 1 or 2 weeks before release of the movie. So maybe on 10th or 17th April :huh:

• Thanks 1