The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

I still need to see a lot more musicals but La La Land and A Star is Born ‘54 are really close to each other in terms of my favorite musical

How one could watch Judy Garland sing her heart and soul out and then watch La La Land and still consider it a quality musical is beyond me.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, TalismanRing said:

How one could watch Judy Garland sing her heart and soul out and then watch La La Land and still consider it a quality musical is beyond me.

Final 10 minutes of La La Land make me cry like no other movie can.  Only one that can rival it in terms of tears spilled is The Iron Giant (or maybe that’s just recency bias since I rewatched that one yesterday)

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I had Cabaret, A Star Is Born, The Pirate and The Young Girls of Rochefort on mine. And Nashville, if that counts. Really need to see Hedwig and Rocky Horror, plus Phantom of the Paradise, in addition to a bunch of Golden Age classics I still have left. 

Nashville is fantastic. I had M*A*S*H as my Altman pick. 

Rocky Horror made such a impression on my youth that I had to put it on. I would be interested to see what someone seeing it now for the first time thinks of it. I don’t think it’s aged THAT well, but, it’s lasting cultural significance is undeniable. 

Hedwig is an absolute must. Great film and great show. 

• Like 1

Good Will Hunting over TWBB, Gravity, Singing in the Rain? That's why I didn't take part in this; I knew the disappointment would be too big for me to handle. It's all on you guys.

• Haha 2

Just now, Goffe said:

Good Will Hunting over TWBB, Gravity, Singing in the Rain? That's why I didn't take part in this; I knew the disappointment would be too big for me to handle. It's all on you guys.

I mean that wouldn't have happened if you would've submitted a list :lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

100 would be easy. Musicals on my list

Wizard Of Oz

The Music Man

Gigi

Mary Poppins

A Star Is Born (1954)

Beauty & The Beast

Lion King

Singing In The Rain

Oklahoma!

Moana

West Side Story

Cabaret

Also - The Red Shoes, Amadeus,& This Is Spinal Tap if one is so inclined to classify them as such :P

Guys & Dolls, My Fair Lady, The Sound Of Music, American In Paris, The Band Wagon, Rocky Horror,  Gypsy, 1776,  Kiss Me Kate, Fiddler On The Roof, Carousel, Little Mermaid, Aladdin (etc etc) could have made the list as well.

Every Fourth of July we get super wasted, watch 1776, and scream Sit Down, John! at each other.

also @That One Guy

this list. If you are looking for musicals, this list. Just watch everything in this list. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

They aren't really going for the same things though. LLL's attitude towards Hollywood is actually pretty close in spirit to ASIB I think but in terms of singing and dancing it's more Jacques Demy than classic Hollywood

9 hours ago, Critically Acclaimed Panda said:

Also, before I go to bed, here are some other misses in the Top 250

218.     Big Fish

222.     Duck Soup

224.     Raising Arizona

These were all on my list. :whosad:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Stingray said:

Can't stand musicals. They shouldn't even be considered real movies.

Gotta love that you post this and yet you had the fucking nerve to give me shit for loving some John Carpenter movies a little less than you

• Like 1