The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

9 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Good Will Hunting over TWBB, Gravity, Singing in the Rain? That's why I didn't take part in this; I knew the disappointment would be too big for me to handle. It's all on you guys.

I'm glad you didn't. You'd probably put a bunch of Nolan movies in your top 10.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

They aren't really going for the same things though. LLL's attitude towards Hollywood is actually pretty close in spirit to ASIB I think but in terms of singing and dancing it's more Jacques Demy than classic Hollywood

La La Land's music felt like warmed over Remy to me and the singing and dancing by the leads is sub par.  In say Girls From Rochefort  Jacques Demy had top quality dancers - at least among the male leads with much better choreography (not the greatest but better) and La La Land lacked the wit and light touch of that film.  The Woman Cut Into Pieces dinner scene is low key charming and subversively hilarious.

I love musicals. They're pretty much the only films that I can rewatch to no limit. I watch South Park movie several times a month. It's like comfort food. Rock of Ages, and the Pick of Destiny, I just have them on in the background while I do stuff on a Sunday afternoon.

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

Some people need to find Joy in their life.... :)

I agree, Joy is a very good movie that could have made the list over Good Will Hunting, but alas.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

I'm glad you didn't. You'd probably put a bunch of Nolan movies in your top 10.

on the other hand, i could have moved up a few carpenters with my list.

40 minutes ago, Goffe said:

Good Will Hunting over TWBB, Gravity, Singing in the Rain? That's why I didn't take part in this; I knew the disappointment would be too big for me to handle. It's all on you guys.

I agree Good Will Hunting is much too low

• Like 1

Besides Daniel Day-Lewis and his awesomely Hammy get iconic performance in There Will Be Blood, and that one milkshake line, I can't find one single redeeming thing about There Will Be Blood.

• Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

who wants to bet on what the highest placing movie that wasn't released the last time we did this list will be. My money would be on Get Out but I could certainly see it being La La Land too

I agree on Get Out. I actually don’t see La La Land making the list. 

• Like 1