The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

I leave the thread on a cliffhanger between The Matrix and The Avengers and you guys start debating Coen Brothers.

Smh

tumblr_n43ulvQwvi1rskk8io2_500.gif

Thanos was right to eliminate half the universe

Edited by Auteur Panda
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Just now, Auteur Panda said:

I leave the thread on a cliffhanger between The Matrix and The Avengers and you guys start debating Coen Brothers.

Smh

That's what you get for leaving us hanging. 

14 minutes ago, Auteur Panda said:

Smh

Thanos was right to eliminate half the universe

EKeci20.gif

(I have no regrets)

The Matrix Reloaded or The Matrix Revolutions vs some of the best MCU films.  I think the MCU might have an edge in votes.  If one of the Matrix sequels is in spots #102-105, ** I think it would be The Matrix Reloaded.  I do not think it would outrank these films though.  #133-105 (Children of Men, Blade Runner 2049, Revenge of the Sith, Civil War, GOTG, etc.)

Spoiler

106.                       The Thing
107.                       Before Sunset
108.                       Guardians of the Galaxy
109.                       The Sixth Sense
110.                       Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith
111.                       Captain America: Civil War
112.                       Dr. Strangelove or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
113.                       Batman Begins
114.                       American Beauty
115.                       Amadeus
116.                       Raging Bull
117.                       Blazing Saddles
118.                       RoboCop
119.                       District 9
120.                       Your Name
121.                       Halloween
122.                       A Clockwork Orange
123.                       The Apartment
124.                       Up
125.                       Ratatouille

126.                       Children of Men

127.                       Blade Runner 2049

128.                       Amelie

129.                       Zootopia

130.                       Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl

131.                       To Kill a Mockingbird

132.                       Birdman or the Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance

133.                       Ghosbusters

Edited by Thematrixfilm
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Told y’all The Matrix was missing. How tf was it to Avengers though? :winomg: 

Avengers is the is #6 on the list of All Time Worldwide Earnings.  AIW is #4 and not eligible, meaning it'd come in at #5 for 8 points.  Matrix isn't on the list.

Panda also said that superheroes overperformed this year, but the only ones in the Top 100 are the GOATs Captain America: The Winter Soldier and the Incredibles.  That leads me to believe that The Avengers is #11 and TDK got higher than it was in 2016.

Also: If the only MCU to make the Top 100 is Winter Soldier, that's the one to make it.  :) 

9 minutes ago, The Stingray said:

The Thing was so close. :(

I blame the disloyal, fool-ass, bitch-made punk Mr. @Jake Gittes for that.

I did my part but it was in vain!

6 minutes ago, JamesCameronScholar said:

Really hope we see The Avengers come in at 11 over The Matrix, it was the first non-JC film to break 0.5A after all. 

Now that I think about it Avengers is in your top 10! I think having 3 or even 4 Avengers films in the top 10 is the reason I don't think I'll be voting with your same line as reasoning next year.

////////////

Glad T2 made it this low/high to #14 as there are so many great scenes in that movie, it knocks it out of the park scene after scene it's just not fair. From memory... Credit scene (unreal in 3D re-release by the way), future John Connor, Loony Pen Sarah, young John Connor intro scene with t-800 and t-1000 chase, loony pen sarah rescue, chase #2, Mexico scene, Dysons house, government building (dyson death/t-800 Gatling gun), chase #3 and the incredible steel factory end scenes.

Seriously one of the most entertaining and re-watchable films just how an action thriller should be.

Edited by IronJimbo

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

Now that I think about it Avengers is in your top 10! I think having 3 or even 4 Avengers films in the top 10 is the reason I don't think I'll be voting with your same line as reasoning next year.

I think that my resolution for next year will be to create a list that uses some other criterion. I have never really attempted such a task before, and given the fact I've seen over 4000 feature films I really should try and have at least a fall back list (just in case the authoritarians who don't like people to think differently to them step in). As I've previously stated I really do have no taste for aesthetics in the most ordinarily used sense.

The more I think about it the more I feel Tree maybe correct and that I am indeed on the autism spectrum, although I don't care to be diagnosed as it really has had little to no negative impact on my macro or micro life. 

For now though I maintain my current method of ranking movies, purely based on my love of the Box Office itself. 

I have both Matrix and Avengers in my top 100, but if one had to miss, I hope it's Avengers.  Matrix is so revolutionary and is the most important film ever made, imo.

I have been blessed by @Auteur Panda to present number 7 to y'all.  Obviously we are a few spots away, but here is a preview of my write up for number 7:

Perhaps no film, in the long history of Hollywood, . Director Francis Ford Coppola, when interviewed in 1999, recalled 

It went through five drafts before finally settling on the script that we know now.L

pitched it to every studio and even though was coming off a huge hit  the budget kept increasing and screened an early cut of the film for  executives and several director friends. The cut had a different crawl from the finished version an

Film critic Roger Ebert wrote in his book The Great Movies, “Like The Birth of a Nation and Citizen Kane,  a technical watershed that influenced many of the movies that came after.” It began a new generation of special effects and high-energy motion pictures. The film was one of the first to link genres together to invent a new, high-concept genre for filmmakers to build upon.  it shifted the film industry’s focus away from personal film making and towards fast-paced, big-budget blockbusters for younger audiences.

Filmmakers who have said to have been influenced by Jaws is still my favourite film of all time, has done more to shape and influence film

• Like 1