The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

2 minutes ago, Auteur Panda said:

The Avengers, 

also these movies

102. LA Confidential

103. No Country for Old Men

104. The Big Lebowski

105. Spider-Man 2

I found the Avengers shocking because it had never missed before, and it was at peak popularity during voting time due to IW.

OH FUCK OFF! ALL OF THOSE WERE IN MY TOP 20

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

24 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

GA8VJQq.gif

Reveal hidden contents

His range is limited and all but he works well in two modes, guy who doesn't understand what's going on and stoic badass, and the movie utilizes both of them. (Just try to picture Will Smith pulling off Neo. Neither can I.) And I hope I don't have to defend what Fishburne, Moss, Weaving and everyone else right on down to the "Not Like This" woman bring to their characters. 

• Like 4

On 12/05/2018 at 10:53 AM, Auteur Panda said:

122.                       A Clockwork Orange

:apocalypse::whosad::gold::wintf:

You guys are terrible, I had this as my number 1 and it still missed.

Edited by Tower

I find it hard to believe that Avatar missed all * the top 100 lists here.  I wont even take the time to run a search to fact check this.  ill just assume a reality where Avatar made at least one of the lists.  

Edited by Thematrixfilm

Titanic deserves a top ten placement.  I have Titanic at 15 but on any given day, I can be convinced that it is top ten material.

Every year, I vote in First Blood.  And it never makes the list.  It's unfortunate because it is such a terrific film.  Rocky out Sly on the map, Rambo put him in orbit.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thematrixfilm said:

I find it hard to believe that Avatar missed the top 100 lists here.  I wont even take the time to run a search to fact check this.  ill just assume a reality where Avatar made at least one of the lists.  

I think it came in somewhere in the 80's.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Thematrixfilm said:

I find it hard to believe that Avatar missed all * the top 100 lists here.  I wont even take the time to run a search to fact check this.  ill just assume a reality where Avatar made at least one of the lists.  

It wasn't on 2016's list and so I just assumed it wasn't on the previous ones :o

@Auteur Panda

Was Avatar on any of the lists before 2016?

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

It wasn't on 2016's list and so I just assumed it wasn't on the previous ones :o

@Auteur Panda

I don't think Avatar made the list before.

Just now, IronJimbo said:

@Auteur Panda

Every write up has a previous ranking section, in the case of Avatar:

Previous Rankings: 2016 (Unranked), 2014 (Unranked), 2013 (Unranked), 2012 (48, -40)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tower said:

Every write up has a previous ranking section, in the case of Avatar:

That's really interesting, wonder what to take away from only being on the 2012 list? :thinking:

Perhaps the theatre experience being grander than watching it at home came into play, or maybe hollywood shoving crappy 3D down everyone's throats drew resentment. I'm going with the former.

Edited by IronJimbo