The Panda

The Final Countdown: BOT's Top 100 Movies of All-Time - The List is Complete, The Empire is Dead, I Now Go to the Grey Havens

10 minutes ago, baumer said:

I have been blessed by @Auteur Panda to present number 7 to y'all.  Obviously we are a few spots away, but here is a preview of my write up for number 7:

Perhaps no film, in the long history of Hollywood, . Director Francis Ford Coppola, when interviewed in 1999, recalled 

It went through five drafts before finally settling on the script that we know now.L

pitched it to every studio and even though was coming off a huge hit  the budget kept increasing and screened an early cut of the film for  executives and several director friends. The cut had a different crawl from the finished version an

Film critic Roger Ebert wrote in his book The Great Movies, “Like The Birth of a Nation and Citizen Kane,  a technical watershed that influenced many of the movies that came after.” It began a new generation of special effects and high-energy motion pictures. The film was one of the first to link genres together to invent a new, high-concept genre for filmmakers to build upon.  it shifted the film industry’s focus away from personal film making and towards fast-paced, big-budget blockbusters for younger audiences.

Filmmakers who have said to have been influenced by Jaws is still my favourite film of all time, has done more to shape and influence film

Ah, so its ranking decreased a little bit from two years ago. I hope the same happens to the other one too. We need a new film in its place this time.

Just now, The Stingray said:

I agree that it is important, but more important than Star Wars and 2001? Surely not.

From my point of view, and how I based, it , I have it as the most important.....keep in mind it's not just from a film/technical standpoint.

leaked final list

105. Magnolia

104. No Country For Old Men

103. The Big Lebowski

102. Spider-Man 2

101. The Avengers

11. The Matrix

10. The Godfather

9. 12 Angry Men

8. The Two Towers

7. Star Wars
  6. The Dark Knight
  5. The Return of the King
  4. Titanic
  3. Raiders of the Lost Ark
  2. The Fellowship of the Ring
  1. The Empire Strikes Back

Edited by IronJimbo

3 hours ago, Auteur Panda said:

106.                       The Thing
113.                       Batman Begins
118.                       RoboCop
124.                       Up

This four outside Top100

giphy.gif

You make me sad, guys. :( Batman Begins should be easily in 70-80s range if The Winter Soldier is there.

EDIT: Also, shame that T2 missed Top10... But #14 of all time is good enough I think ;) Very good list so far, but I;m not a big fan of LOTR, so I think Top10 wouldn't be so great.

Edited by Juby

God damn it, I wanted Avengers to make it onto the list and get a high ranking and piss people off, but...

tDXwZIY.gif

• Like 3

Nah, Avengers will not make it. Guardians also dropped a lot, it was #71 last time.

Guardians of the Galaxy - #71 -> #108

The Avengers - #68 -> #101

The Matrix - #16 -> #11

It wouldn't make sense otherwise.

30 minutes ago, aabattery said:

A real plot twist would be both The Matrix and The Avengers made it onto the list and something else missed it :thinking:

The GOAT plot twist is Titanic coming first.

Why are Jim films doing so well compared to 2016???

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Why are Jim films doing so well compared to 2016???

Be careful that you do not forget the LORD your God, failing to observe his commands, his laws and his decrees that I am giving you this day.
Deuteronomy 8:11

BOT didn't head the warning. 

• Haha 1