CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

13 minutes ago, Webslinger said:

What exactly does Solo have to make - or be projected to make on Friday evening - to avoid meltdowns in next weekend's thread? ;)

You want an honest answer?

The meltdowns aren't going to come from disappointed SW fans.  The problems in the thread are going to come from the folks trolling, mocking, celebrating, and generally trying to start fights with SW fans.  If the reaction from the Solo thread to the RT rollout is any indication, folks wanting actual meltdowns are going to be disappointed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Disbelief 1

1 minute ago, Porthos said:

You want an honest answer?

The meltdowns aren't going to come from disappointed SW fans.  The problems in the thread are going to come from the folks trolling, mocking, celebrating, and generally trying to start fights with SW fans.  If the reaction from the Solo thread to the RT rollout is any indication, folks wanting actual meltdowns are going to be disappointed.

I for one have nothing to say if Solo opens poorly. Y'all should know how I feel about that by now. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I for one have nothing to say if Solo opens poorly. Y'all should know how I feel about that by now. 

giphy.gif

I mean, you know I love ya.  But if Solo opens poorly, I suspect you'll have a thing or three to say in the Weekend Thread. ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Don’t make promises you can’t keep.

Be like Lordmandeep and accept his future bans like a man.

• Haha 7

I honestly don't think that it'd be a "shame" to Solo not crack $1b. $1b is clearly the high end, but I honestly think that $900m WW is the low end. People talking non sense about DP2 topping it would be nuts even if DP2 opened to $150m OW. It's a 2d rated r film vs a 3d PG-13 film that is a fucking STAR WARS film. It'll be fine.

19 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

There have been whispers of Solo just making $16M total in China forum.

Presales are really bad compared to even how bad TLJ did in China.

LOL yeah like 1.2% of TLJ at the same point.... like how can it go? 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Porthos said:

If you're trying to help convince me to not even post once in next weekend's thread, you're doing a terrific job. :kitschjob:

It’s to late for me. 

The most interesting thing for me happening in the next weekend thread will be IW’s 5th weekend number. Assuming Solo’s 3-day is between like 110 and 160 I don’t see too much to get interested in.

Edited by Thanos Legion

14 minutes ago, ZattMurdock said:

I honestly don't think that it'd be a "shame" to Solo not crack $1b. $1b is clearly the high end, but I honestly think that $900m WW is the low end. People talking non sense about DP2 topping it would be nuts even if DP2 opened to $150m OW. It's a 2d rated r film vs a 3d PG-13 film that is a fucking STAR WARS film. It'll be fine.

"it's the JUSTICE LEAGUE, no way will it go below a Thor/Hulk movie"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2