CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

Thinking on it I give DP2 a solid B. DP1 is a B+. If you want a barometer, Infinity War is an A, Thor 2 is a C, BVS is a D.

I think the GA and fans will like it just fine but it lacks the novelty and freshness of the original. Also more “comic book-y” which might turn off fair weather people who liked the original.

Ryan Reynolds will be entertaining no matter the quality of the movie and Fox should be so lucky they finally gave him the role proper after treating him like shit in 2009.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Wrath said:

edit - When someone does something great, is your first response to taunt them “Hope you enjoyed it, because you’ll probably never do it again”?

I’m sure you’re fun at parties.

Yeah, this is a completely appropriate response. Really.

2 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

Aquaman couuuuuullld work, I just don't see any reason yet to believe it will.

Really need that trailer to know.

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

With AQM, I'm on board team how do you take DudeBro seriously for an entire film centered around him? Make it centered on the villain maybe? 

Well it helps that AQM has a quite consistently good filmmaker in James Wan, who in a way reminds me of one of my filmmaking heroes in John Carpenter in terms of being quite good regardless of what genre sandbox he's dabbling in. He's pitched this as his swashbuckling/Indiana Jones-inspired movie and I'm intrigued to see how that would play. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

Aquaman couuuuuullld work, I just don't see any reason yet to believe it will.

Really need that trailer to know.

James Wan is the only reason I need to at least have some faith in it. 

27 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

It’s really is the only film of his I don’t care for and I’ve seen Piranha 2. 

Piranha 2 is great. Huge flying fish, an Italian b movie atmosphere , what more could someone want from a movie ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

I honestly don't remember what happened in Avatar.

Then again, I barely remember what happened in Rogue One.

I believe the main plot point was: Vader shows up.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mekanos said:

James Cameron has made so many great films and you choose to endlessly stan his worst one.

I'll stan all of Jim's films it just so happens that,

1. Avatar get's hated on the most so I inevitable end up defending it mre

2. The Avatar sequels will most likely Jim's lasts films and he's putting everything he's got into them (he wants to go exploring the ocean again).

3. Avatar 2 is his next release making it the most relevant to box office theory

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Like 3