CJohn

DEADPOOL 2 WEEKEND THREAD | Spoilers = BANNED INTO OBLIVION | Dp2 125M and 300 WW debut...Asgard Sun update pg 123

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

Thank you, but I am confused: did it get filmed? Can't find a BOM entry with that title

I believe its in the "on the lot" section

Edit: Here You Go!

Edited by iHeartJames
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, baumer said:

I'm loving the increase for Book Club. That means it had somewhere around a 17% decrease on Sunday.

The fact that they made a movie about a few friends reading a book  that is better than the book itself and the movie adaptation of the book  is hilarious 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, oMeriMombatti said:

When MIB3 opened in 2012 May, The Avengers made 26M total in OS markets that weekend dropping 50%. It's OS total was 781M at that time. It made a further 114M after that albeit 45M of that came from Japan which opened later in August. So 114-45 = 69M.Giving a slightly worse multiplier to AIW from it's 31M OS-China weekend probably gives it 75M more from here. 55M more in China is expected and atleast 75M more in US-Canada is expected. It's current cume is 1.813B so adding all of the above projected total to it gives 2.02B total. This I think is the least AIW will do WW.

Looking at other MCU movies though, it looks like Avengers was an outlier with really strong OS legs. You've giving IW a near 3.5x 4th OS weekend multiplier. 4th OS weekend multipliers(without China) for recent May MCU openers: CW 2.35($19.3M weekend), AoU 2.67($37.3M weekend), GotG2 2.79($20.3M weekend). Compared to those, giving IW 3.5x seems really optimistic.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BardCrank said:

The fact that they made a movie about a few friends reading a book  that is better than the book itself and the movie adaptation of the book  is hilarious 

But it's not really about the book.  That's just the McGuffin.  The story is about friendship, taking chances, living life and not being afraid to fail.  The trailer was funny enough and part of that was them getting together to read the book but the film is so much more.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, baumer said:

But it's not really about the book.  That's just the McGuffin.  The story is about friendship, taking chances, living life and not being afraid to fail.  The trailer was funny enough and part of that was them getting together to read the book but the film is so much more.

The book is central but not all that matters , I know 

I'm just stating that this is the best use of the book that has ever taken place in story telling 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ranger Tree said:

birdemic is shit, The Room is amazing.

Birdemic is an incredible watch. It’s even better once you realise the insanity of the man behind it.

• ...wtf 1

3 hours ago, RRA said:

SS on paper was a hit but considering it’s been delayed to make potential room for BOP to be filmed before it and both WW and it’s sequel will have come out bridge SS....it makes you wonder what WB thinks of a SS2.

I can see SS2 being like what The Wolverine was to X-Men Origins: Wolverine where it ignores the first film. I think WB want a sequel but are taken their time with it. 

I know some people seem to have a hate boner for WB but they're not exactly doing badly considering last year was a huge year for them. 

Edited by Jonwo
  • Like 1

Finally saw Deadpool 2. It was really good, but I'm honestly not sure if I liked it more than the 1st one. It has some pacing and direction issues that did bother me a bit. That being said, it's every bit as funny as the 1st one, the action is terrific, the drama was actually compelling and the technical composition is a noticeable step up from the original (probably because 1) the director isn't doing a 1st time job; 2) it has a much higher budget). The post credit scenes is kinda what I expected it to be after seeing the movie, but it was no less awesome because of that.

• Like 3

It's a holiday here in Canada and I'm at the 2 p.m. showing of Deadpool and it's about 75% full. This is why you can expect about a 8 to 10% less of a decline on this Monday the normal Mondays.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ranger Tree said:

birdemic is shit, The Room is amazing.

I agree the Room is Amazing,but not in a good way....

If you mean jt imply the Room is a good movie, then I am going to write you off as just another contrarian.

2 hours ago, BardCrank said:

Have you watched The Disaster Artist? Pretty much the same thing.