Water Bottle

HAN SOLO MEMORIAL (day weekend) THREAD | Solo Flops Domestically with 83M/101M weekend. Spectacularly Bombs Overseas with 65M weekend.

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

But it's not perfectly balanced dammit! How will the universe be at peace???

It will be, when Fallen Kingdom outgrosses IW Worldwide.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

One can always hope lol.

Edited by Brainbug

5 minutes ago, Asyulus said:

I say $680m due to competition on average end. With $360m in China, it only needs $960m OS -C to pass $2B. I have no idea where the current OS -C total stands as of today.

Somewhere around $950M with estimates. Could go up with actuals. 10M more is easy off of the 14M weekend it just had

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Black Panther making more than Infinity War domestically is awesome and the box office world is a much, much better place because of it.

I want it to cross 700M so hard. I will be very mad if Disney stops tracking at like 699,5M.

• Astonished 2

8 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I was just looking at some foreign box office figures (I'm certainly no expert, getting up to date), and my god the Fast and Furious movies are so big. I can't describe how much I love that a 17 year old franchise that started with a bunch of people who act like my friends stealing DVDs off of trucks is now the biggest franchise in the world overseas. Amazing. I'm like a proud dad

Gonna be a REAL TEST with the Rock splitting off to his own franchise, prayers up

If the Pansexual thing wasn't made explicitly clear in the film (I've heard it's not there) then the writers were just doing the old JK Rowling queer-baiting bit and that's a pretty shitty thing to do to a sexual minority who are craving better representation. 

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Gonna be a REAL TEST with the Rock splitting off to his own franchise, prayers up

I don't wanna compare a movie with prime Rock in it to Solo but kinda feel like that spinoff def misses the entire appeal of the saga tbh

Edited by Cmasterclay

2 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Black Panther making more than Infinity War domestically is awesome and the box office world is a much, much better place because of it.

It's great for what it means for minorities in film, I'll definitely give you that. I personally prefer IW as a film to BP though, and beyond that IW feels like the bigger pop culture event to me even DOM. So that's why I want it to win. Whether BP comes in #2 or #1 for the year, a film starring almost entirely African Americans making 700m+ DOM is going to be the same ceiling breaker either way.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

If the Pansexual thing wasn't made explicitly clear in the film (I've heard it's not there) then the writers were just doing the old JK Rowling queer-baiting bit and that's a pretty shitty thing to do to a sexual minority who are craving better representation. 

TBF, in the original interview it was a leading question. Any way he answered it was going to set someone off.

4 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

Why?

1 minute ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Yep. Projecting something that's totally not in the movie onto the movie b/c it sounds good to the person asking

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Aside from The Rock teaming up with Han’s murderer, he also split up the family. 

I’m against that spin off by principles. Justice for Han (and Vin Diesel)

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Honestly the overseas audiences don’t care about these things. Everything is simpler than the analysis going on, the movie had an awful non-existent marketing campaign (I had written about that months ago) , people overseas don’t really care about the Star Wars franchise/universe/lore  that much (please don’t bring TFA , even that had a 50-50 split at a time when most fantasy effects-heavy films are roaring  overseas from rampage to MCU ) and they are bored by it. That’s about it. It’s not that Star Wars is too American, so are comics, it’s that people overseas just don’t care about it that much, it doesn’t click with them. 

Moviegoers overseas are simpler and dont overanalyse things when going to see a movie hense why films that flop in the u.s but are big on the entertainment factor do better overseas from john carter to rampage.

The poster was not implying anyone care and that it was something people analysed, decision making is not made from analysis and knowing about what you care that much (if at all), even for big decisions and certainly not for small decision like watching a movie or not.

3 minutes ago, Cmasterclay said:

I don't wanna compare a movie with prime Rock in it to Solo but kinda feel like that spinoff def misses the entire appeal of the saga tbh

Bringing back Jordana Brewster without Paul does too

ROUGH TIMES AHEAD for the Fast gang

Hope we at least get Fast in Space, Fast to the Future and 20,000 Furious Under the Sea before it gets too rocky

• Like 2

The pansexuality thing is a byproduct of these times where people look for ANYTHING to latch onto for a cause. I blame the plebs for it a lot more than the writers who were just trying to be genial about the idea.

Just now, Chewy said:

Bringing back Jordana Brewster without Paul does too

ROUGH TIMES AHEAD for the Fast gang

Hope we at least get Fast in Space, Fast to the Future and 20,000 Furious Under the Sea before it gets too rocky

Hope both Jurassic World and Hobbs and Shaw disappoint so we can get the Jurassic World/Fast spinoff that is clearly going to be the greatest movie of all-time. Bigger than Infinity War IMO