WrathOfHan

Monday Numbers (Estimates on Page 9): Deadpool 12M | Infinity War 2.7M

3 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

If Infinity War doesn't make $2b that's pretty embarrassing for those who called it locked right?

Why do you focus on the weekdays?  You know it's getting terrific holds on the weekend.  And is it really embarrassing to make 1.9 billion instead of 2 billion?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, YLF said:

BP made 4.03 on this same Monday(after the 4th weekend), so this is when the lead AIW has against BP starts to diminish.

BP       IW

Week2   143m    147m

Week3     85m       80m

Wkend4   40m       29m

So yeah, won't take long for BP to pull ahead from here. They were pretty even with each other up until the third Thursday where it seems Deadpool hit IW hard. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

Why do you focus on the weekdays?  You know it's getting terrific holds on the weekend.  And is it really embarrassing to make 1.9 billion instead of 2 billion?

Of course not $1.9b is fantastic. What's embarrassing is when someone says something is 100% going to happen (locked) then it doesn't.

Edited by IronJimbo

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think this is the base for all the grosses right now. 

970 Overseas - China

China 350

Domestic 650

If it misses 2 billion it be by 30-40 million at most, not 100 million.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It's at 1.8 billion right now.  It has a bare minimum of another 60 million domestic and it will get to 350 in china, that's another 110 million.  That puts it at about 80 million away from 2 billion.  It's going to be close.  

4 minutes ago, Thrylos 7 said:

Memorial weekend.

Till your post I've only seen MD for Memorial Day - I think

Maybe MD we? Or is w/e the correct shortened version for weekend?

I hate all the acronyms, especially the ones for the movies, as e.g. we here have often other names for them, sometimes it is about a movie not in the actual dailies,... and so on

(or something like that: TFA = The Force Awakens and The First AvengerI

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

Forbes changed the number to 2.7 million. 

And all is right with the world again lol.

• Haha 5

19 minutes ago, baumer said:

It's at 1.8 billion right now.  It has a bare minimum of another 60 million domestic and it will get to 350 in china, that's another 110 million.  That puts it at about 80 million away from 2 billion.  It's going to be close.  

Yeah.... too close.

Right now my projections yield 1.99-2.005B, but I doubt Disney is gonna leave it hanging 5-10M short of the mark.

Btw, how are you, B? Has been a while....

• Like 1

Here's the new blurb from Forbes

Avengers: Infinity War earned around $2.7 million on Monday, falling a reasonable 50% from last Monday and bringing its 25-day domestic total to around $598.5m. So, barring an unexpected downturn (and thus far every Tuesday has been bigger than Monday since its first Mon-Thurs frame), today is the day that the MCU flick will cross $600m in unadjusted North American box office grosses. So that’s a 26-day sprint (or at worst a 27-day sprint), right between Black Panther (31 days) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens (12 days).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fake said:

Yeah.... too close.

Right now my projections yield 1.99-2.005B, but I doubt Disney is gonna leave it hanging 5-10M short of the mark.

Btw, how are you, B? Has been a while....

It's funny, I saw you in the international section and was going to say the same thing to you.....haven't seen you in a while.  Nice to see you back.  Where have you been?