WrathOfHan

Monday Numbers (Estimates on Page 9): Deadpool 12M | Infinity War 2.7M

3 minutes ago, baumer said:

It's funny, I saw you in the international section and was going to say the same thing to you.....haven't seen you in a while.  Nice to see you back.  Where have you been?

New job has been too hectic. Got engaged too. :)

Don't get a lot of time for hobbies like Box Office now, but had to be back for Avengers!!

• Like 7

44 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

If Infinity War doesn't make $2b that's pretty embarrassing for those who called it locked right?

I would say so.  Myself included.  I definitely think 2b is still locked.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ms Lady Hawk said:

:ohmygod:

*He better not revise this shit in a half hour. 

Thats apparently the second biggest Monday for an R-rated flick (first being DP) and biggest for a non-holiday Monday. 

Edited by Nova
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Astonished 1

3 hours ago, Fake said:

New job has been too hectic. Got engaged too. :)

Don't get a lot of time for hobbies like Box Office now, but had to be back for Avengers!!

Congrats!!  That;s all terrific news!

Excellent numbers for DP2's Monday if $12.3m holds, great numbers for TIW if $2.8m numbers. Not falling the same rabbit hole of arguing back and forth with baumer like it happened with Spider-Man: Homecoming last year. I agree with Nova that Tuesday numbers for IW might surprise because the subdued effect of the Canada's holiday on IW's Monday, let's see what happens. 

• Like 1

What still amazes me most thoroughly, is how stupid Disney & Fox have been in scheduling 3 of the biggest movies of the year within 5 weeks. 

This was some next level stupidity! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, REC said:

I would say so.  Myself included.  I definitely think 2b is still locked.

Just to confirm locked means you think it's 100% making 2b and there is no possible way it can make less

6 minutes ago, PPZVGOS said:

What still amazes me most thoroughly, is how stupid Disney & Fox have been in scheduling 3 of the biggest movies of the year within 5 weeks. 

This was some next level stupidity! 

August once again ignored this year. I mean Suicide Squad, Guardians 1 and Ninja Turtles 1 proves you can open a movie that month. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, A2k Raptor said:

1st Asgard estimate (IDK but it was edited)=>11.5=>11.8=>12.3

-61.6% from Sunday

Empire first had it at $10.5M-$11M in the weekend thread but then upped it to $11.5M in the Monday thread. Then RTH gave the $11.8M 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Godzilla said:

August once again ignored this year. I mean Suicide Squad, Guardians 1 and Ninja Turtles 1 proves you can open a movie that month. 

DP2 would have been so well served by opening in the month August. That month's relatively weak competition allowed GotG to have immense legs and even a badly received film such SS held-up well. 

Really bizarre decision from Fox to open DP2 when they did. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, baumer said:

Congrats!!  That;s all terrific news!

Haha... Thanks. Watched Avengers with a friend, Avengers 2 with girlfriend, Avengers 3 with fiance, and will watch Avengers 4 with wife..... all of them the same girl. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, PPZVGOS said:

DP2 would have been so well served by opening in the month August. That month's relatively weak competition allowed GotG to have immense legs and even a badly received film such SS held-up well. 

Really bizarre decision from Fox to open DP2 when they did. 

I disagree.  The weekend they opened it gives them two holiday weekends.  One in Canada and one in the US.  It's a great time to open the film.