CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

7 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Solo woulda opened to 150M if they replaced Emilia Clarke with a Trex, prove me wrong

Dragons are practically T-Rex’s with wings and fire.  There’s a reason GoT is Emilia Clarke’s most popular property. :ph34r:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Empire said:

Just stop dude. Nobody cares to read it. We don’t need this thread clogged up with it. 

As far as FK goes, with those previews, I think it will finish around 135M. 

Which was what tracking was projecting all along.

Anyway, thing to watch for FK is not the oponeing weekend but the legs. It suffered a steep falloff overseas,it will interesting to see if that happens here.

FK will make a lot of money for Universal, but it won't be a cash cow like JW was.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

The problem is not the preview drop, it's the actual OW drop. 30% at the very least, closer maybe to 35%. Not the kind of drops that a sequel to a record-breaking opener would want to have, amirite?

DOM total drop is what will matter in the end.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Subfranchise is a good word for Iron Man.

Sorry guys for that painful sentence.

Lol.

Maybe you did not mean it, but it looked as though you were putting down a franchise just because it was not a Comic Book franchise.

18 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

We have it wrong apprently. Ridley Scott's Alien is actually a spin off of the Alien v. Predator franchise. And, when Jurassic and Fast franchises crossover, Spielberg's Jurassic Park is then a spin off as well.

Seriously, come on now.

What if they planned AvP before Alien?

Gotta admit, my favorite dino action on a grand scale was in Jackson's Kong when Kong threw down with the tyrannosaur like creatures. Next favorite would be when Kong wrestled the abnormally large Skullcrawler in Skull Island.

So, there it is... Big hopes for the creature on creature action and fun in store in King of the Monsters and, especially, Kong v. Godzilla. Some fun stuff in Jurassic World with big dinos chomping on one another. Not so much in Fallen Kingdom. Missed the boat there.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1

@Chewy

It's fun, but it doesn't have these darlings:

GANi.gif

We're gonna survive continental plate shifts through overcoming our differences and the power of friendship.  Hearts Eyes and Confetti all around!

(Seriously, though, the cardboard cover of my VHS was WRECKED cause we watched it like once a day in my house for a year.) 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, dudalb said:

Maybe you did not mean it, but it looked as though you were putting down a franchise just because it was not a Comic Book franchise.

No, I've been waiting for JW2 to disappoint since 2015.

I've explained this.

Universal = Bart

grey ghost = Sideshow Bob.

I admit it.