CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

38 minutes ago, Mekanos said:

I feel like a lot of the GA are in my boat for JW: I generally liked the movie but it didn't compel me to go see a sequel, I had my fix. If OW is 130 and it gets a 2.5x multi it will have pretty much exactly a 50% dropoff from the first. At least they aren't greenlighting Blue: A Jurassic World Story.

JW3 might have a better hook for the GA. I could see that being a 400M grosser.

Ian, Ellie and Alan together. Sideline Owen and Claire. In other words be the opposite of TLJ.

Edited by a2k

10 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Yeah it's Marvel fans fault...

He mentions us at least ten times...

IW taking the record away from his favorite franchise broke him. 

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Yeah it's Marvel fans fault...

He mentions us at least ten times...

That was when he retired from the admin team. He continued to post for almost another four months after that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Both will go up. 

Now, I'm thinking $140M+ for JWFK and just under $90M for I2. I think I2 is going kill it on Saturday and Sunday. $25M on a Friday and low 80s for the weekend doesn't compute even if $25M is spot on.

Low 80s is too high. Mid 70s is more like it.

8 minutes ago, baumer said:

Low 80s is too high. Mid 70s is more like it.

Please, if that 25 number proves true, low 80s are a lock at minimum. Now, if it comes in lower than 25 today, I'll agree with you.

Thoughts on JWFK?

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

33 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Where's baumer? He loves these movies. I'm expecting him to weigh in with a 9 or better out of 10 for JWFK.

#NotmyJurassicmovie

I unfortunately did not care for it all that much. It has more to do with some of the things that I don't like in life. But to me this was more of a horror movie then it was a fun Jurassic Park movie. It had none of the charm of the original and none of the fun and the levity of Jurassic World. It was just a movie that wasn't very fun to sit through. It was more like watching a crossover between Last House on the Left and EARTHLINGS.

6/10

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I'm really surprised regarding the audience score for Fallen Kingdom. After years, Jurassic World still has a 78% Audience Score on RT.

This one starts with 64%, so perhaps word of mouth won't be as good as the previous one. Tomatometer is also very low for this kind of flick. Let's see what happens.

Disney fanboys voting it down. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, baumer said:

#NotmyJurassicmovie

I unfortunately did not care for it all that much. It has more to do with some of the things that I don't like in life. But to me this was more of a horror movie then it was a fun Jurassic Park movie. It had none of the charm of the original and none of the fun and the levity of Jurassic World. It was just a movie that wasn't very fun to sit through. It was more like watching a crossover between Last House on the Left and EARTHLINGS.

6/10

Sad to hear you didnt like it that much :whosad:

5 minutes ago, baumer said:

#NotmyJurassicmovie

6/10

That's a pretty fair assessment. I didn't have much fun with it either. Lacked the charm, adventure, sweep of what makes these movies appeal to such a wide audience. Wish it had gone even deeper into horror if it was going to play in that sandbox. Instead, it tried to be adventure and then ditched it wholesale for horror but pulled plenty of punches once toying with horror. Just tried to its cake and eat it too.

Wasn't feeling the score much either. Another hallmark of these flicks.

• Like 1