CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

just got home from Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom and while I did have fun with it, yeah it's got issues to say the least.  

But hey I got to see it for free and these interactive Moviebills are pretty cool too.

36026534_10155935154772054_4078948909370

Edited by 75Live
not sure why the video isn't playing, but basically the T-Rex moves and does the roar too
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Well shot, wouldn't call any movie that featured those performances well directed

I'd say extremely well-directed in terms of tension-building and image-making, but yes all actors in Gareth Edwards movies need to be able to basically direct themselves and as we've seen that can be a tall order even for biggest pros. 

• Like 1

@That One Guy im with you, Godzilla 14 is another example of a movie for me where i simply ignore some flaws and enjoy every second of it. 10/10 also for me. Doesnt man though that i would ever say Kick-Ass gives a good performance in it though lol.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Either have interesting humans or focus on the monsters but under no circumstances do neither

Kong learned the lessons slightly, they had one good human focus with John C Reilly's story and the requisite monster mayhem.

• Thanks 1

This a very nice weekend one of the biggest since June 2015! 

And this is a first that we’ve had two films debut with over  $150 million back to back. 

And June is now over a $1 billion. And i still need to see Jurassic World 2. 

1 minute ago, Biggestgeekever said:

And you were arguing against this being a dope money shot yesterday!

Nah it's a fun shot I was just arguing against it being enough for a big BO spike lol

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Either have interesting humans or focus on the monsters but under no circumstances do neither

Absolutely. I mean the human characters in Skull Island aren't exactly amazing but I had fun with the film because of the monster stuff. 

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

Kong had fucking garbage human characters but no one cared because there was more monster fighting

Im Tom Hiddleston and i can swing a katana for some reason because the script says i can.

(I still love K:SI though. God im such a sucker for creature features)

2 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

He cant direct actors well. However, the movie itself is stunningly shot and has the best cinematograhy out of the 2014 blockbusters. How much of that is Edwards influence and how much the Cinematographeur himself isnt that certain.

Rogue One is another example. Looks absolutely gorgeous, but the performances...ehhhh.

It is pretty certain. All three of his movies had different cinematographers but all three had a great understanding of scale and scope. Dude has an eye. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Kong had fucking garbage human characters (barring C. Reilly all of them are worse than Godzilla) but no one cared because there was more monster fighting

Yea exactly, and no one called it a 10/10 either lmao

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

It is pretty certain. All three of his movies had different cinematographers but all three had a great understanding of scale and scope. Dude has an eye. 

All of Edwards movies certainly feel epic in scale - even his independent film Monsters. Dude could seriously be a way bigger name if he could handle the other aspects of filmmaking also that good - particulary the directing of actors.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Kong had fucking garbage human characters (barring C. Reilly all of them are worse than Godzilla) but no one cared because there was more monster fighting

I cared, that movie was full of shit. Brie Larson literally has lines of dialogue fed to her by other characters that's how much of a non-entity she is. Lmao no. 

• Astonished 1