CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

Yeah some franchises are just more inherently limited than others with what they can do for multiple installments and still maintain the same level of interest. That being said I do think Universal will be disappointed if Fallen Kingdom doesn't reach the $150M Opening Weekend mark. The franchise might not have a huge shelf life post Jurassic World 3 which is fine not everything has to last forever (more franchises should just end IMO). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rebeccas said:

So I guess this and TLJ will teach us that in 25 years when Marvel brings back 80 year old RDJ for Avengers 12 to expect a huge number and then a massive drop off for the sequel.

I'm still very curious how the inevitable Avengers 5 does if it doesn't have the original team. Marvel is in a healthy place with its solo films but we're yet to have a team up film that hasn't partially relied on RDJ. Does the Avengers films still do insane OS grosses even without RDJ?

7 minutes ago, Avatree said:

you know not everyone shares your opinion right?

If it has same preview:Weekend ratio as Jurassic World, thats a 135M opening. Which seems reasonable. Only 2.59x legs to 350M is not particularly hard. 

So because I question someone prediction means I don't allow other opinions?

Okay. :Venom:

Uncle Drew will open above IW. :apocalypse:

And no one can question it. :hahaha:

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, aabattery said:

I don't think we said we didn't need it (tbf we didn't need this one either).

What did happen was that we were all too lazy to put one together. JW only got one because of CJohn's fanfic thing.

Don't forget, I am only here because you asked me to :Venom::hahaha:

In the end, nobody gives a shit about Incredibles to create a weekend thread for it lmao. Someone gave enough fucks to create threads for JW2, DP2 and Han Solo.

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Yeah some franchises are just more inherently limited than others with what they can do for multiple installments and still maintain the same level of interest. That being said I do think Universal will be disappointed if Fallen Kingdom doesn't reach the $150M Opening Weekend mark. The franchise might not have a huge shelf life post Jurassic World 3 which is fine not everything has to last forever (more franchises should just end IMO). 

I think a lot of people are so used to living in this world of endless huge franchises that they forget you can make two movies, or you can make 3 movies, and stop while it's hot rather than running it into the ground. Of course Jurassic Park is more limited than Avengers or Star Wars because its main stars are the environment, non-characters. Even other monster movies such as Godzilla and King Kong have much more room for sequels and continuing the story because those monsters are sentient. The dinosaurs in Jurassic Park are just wild animals. There is only so much you can do.

Nothing wrong with this being a hugely successful trilogy. We used to have trilogies, you know... a long time ago.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So because I question someone prediction means I don't allow other opinions?

Okay. :Venom:

Uncle Drew will open above IW. :apocalypse:

And no one can question it. :hahaha:

You asked "why are people predicting 350M when that would mean 3x legs"? Well no that doesnt mean 3x legs because not everyone has the same opening prediction as you. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

I'm still very curious how the inevitable Avengers 5 does if it doesn't have the original team. Marvel is in a healthy place with its solo films but we're yet to have a team up film that hasn't partially relied on RDJ. Does the Avengers films still do insane OS grosses even without RDJ?

If Black Panther can become the biggest SH film in history (DOM) then I'd say the sky is the limit for future SH team up flicks.

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

If Black Panther can become the biggest SH film in history (DOM) then I'd say the sky is the limit for future SH team up flicks.

For sure which is why I specified OS grosses where it's been much more predictable which Superhero Films do better than others. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

Avengers 5 in May 2022. 

Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man?, Wasp?, Ant-Man?

Scarlet Witch? Rhodey?

Stragglers from the original group?

Fantastic Four, X-men, Deadpool, etc?

2 minutes ago, Avatree said:

You asked "why are people predicting 350M when that would mean 3x legs"? Well no that doesnt mean 3x legs because not everyone has the same opening prediction as you. 

Yeah but I don't see 2.7 legs either.

Why would JW2 have really good to great legs?

7 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Fantastic Four, X-men, Deadpool, etc?

Definitely would like to see an MCU FF. 

It would be interesting to see how they incorporate the X-Men into the MCU storyline. 

Edited by Mr Terrific
Add