CJohn

BOX OFFICE THEORY WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM WEEKEND THREAD | 150 OW OFFICIAL ESTIMATE | No Spoilers, Read Rules First Post! | First Post Updated with Sale Info

4 hours ago, aabattery said:

The power of dinosaurs.

tumblr_onqlkt6Cfa1vwwm7ko1_400.gif

I used to watch WwD with mom and dad when it first aired over here when I was like five/six (I think it was Wednesdays at 9. I was always supposed to go to bed right after). The memories.

• Like 1

Dinos bombed. Avatar franchise is the only remaining rebellion that can stand up against the dark side of Hollywood aka Disney and bring balance to the movie industry.

Comcast is our only hope now. If Comcast failed at buying Fox, we all will be looking at Avatar like this.

You_Were_The_Chosen_One.jpg

Edited by vc2002
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Dinos bombed. Avatar franchise is the only remaining rebellion that can stand up against the dark side of Hollywood aka Disney and bring balance to the movie industry.

Comcast is our hope now. If Comcast failed at buying Fox, we all will be looking at Avatar like this.

The Disney hate/fear has gotten to the point where people are rooting for Comcast.

Lmao.

That's like rebelling against Principal Skinner by rooting for Mr Burns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

if jw2 opens to 120 it needs 2.71x to match jw1's 8-day cume (325.3 on 2nd Friday). am sounding doomy and gloomy for a film i am rooting for, just like @Nova was for dp2 :lol: but these previews are freaking too low ... par with gotg1 vs gotg2, and even gog2's ow for jw2 is a huge drop from jw1

edit: 

8 minutes ago, scoobysaurus said:

A film that's all but locked to make a billion dollars with a budget of $170m is a bomb? Okay  :lol:

agree, financially the film is very safe and a big hit. gonna do 5-6x it's prod budget ww even using 187 rumored figure deadline recently threw around instead of 170 (along with 180 global marketing).

Edited by a2k
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, a2k said:

if jw2 opens to 120 it needs 2.71x to match jw1's 8-day cume (325.3 on 2nd Friday). am sounding doomy and gloomy for a film i am rooting for, just like @Nova was for dp2 :lol: but these previews are freaking too low ... par with gotg1 vs gotg2, and even gog2's ow for jw2 is a huge drop from jw1

GotG 2 increased like most MCU sequels.

32 minutes ago, cookie said:

I used to watch WwD with mom and dad when it first aired over here when I was like five/six (I think it was Wednesdays at 9. I was always supposed to go to bed right after). The memories.

I wouldn't be able to tell you how many times I watched it way back when. Good times.

1 hour ago, scoobysaurus said:

3 out of 5 JP movies broke the OW record compared to 2 (TA & IW? Correct me if I'm wrong but the point still stands) out of 2 dozen for MCU - without any 'extended cinematic universes'.

FK was expected to drop significantly from JW and is still going to make more $$$ than what JW was expected to make before release. It's not an event movie like JW was because it's not the first JP movie in 14 years. All this doom and gloom talk is borderline ridiculous - this is not Solo.

JW3 will make 500-600 WW and you'll be claiming it's a great result, that's what I would call borderline ridiculous. The drop wouldn't have been that big if the movie wasn't a colossal piece of shit.

Edited by Firepower

@CJohn

You took the words right out of my mouth in the OP, if you could keep the thread updated on what fraction of A we're at I can stick to football this weekend.

Edited by IronJimbo
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Comcast is our only hope now. If Comcast failed at buying Fox, we all will be looking at Avatar like this.

Because Comcast is the most beloved company in America?

top 3 ww is locked for disney - aiw, bp, i2.

wir2 could break-out and compete with jw2 for #4.

apart from these 5 no other film looks to approach 1b ww.

fb2 has a shot on paper but will miss it by a mile imo (and still be a big success).