baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

Just now, BK007 said:

You'd think so, but they released that BS Bad Grandpa or whatever it was called and Americans lapped it up.

So, it's really surprising to me that the crowd that made Jackass and that a hit didn't turn up. Maybe they don't have any more money in Trumpmerica. 

Well, it would have helped if they actually let anyone know what it was or that it even was coming out.  They did little to no advertising for it and dumped it with no Thursday previews.  

I honestly don't know why they didn't sell this to Netflix along with Annihilation and Cloverfield Paradox.  It would have been a perfect Netflix movie and it isn't like this was a movie that the new regime gave the green light on as it was shooting way back in December of 2016 if I remember correctly.  They for sure were shooting in February as they showed footage at CinemaCon in March of 2017.  

• Thanks 1

20 weekend gives 252

252 + 2.4*20 = 300

2.4x the 3rd weekend seems very likely imo. a bit short and it will get a push. against o8 it will hold well. it already took the premium screen hit against solo. i2 will attract all quadrants but as an r-rated movie it could do better than expected against a huge animated opener. weekdays are also getting stronger. all game for 300+!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

Well, it would have helped if they actually let anyone know what it was or that it even was coming out.  They did little to no advertising for it and dumped it with no Thursday previews.  

I honestly don't know why they didn't sell this to Netflix along with Annihilation and Cloverfield Paradox.  It would have been a perfect Netflix movie and it isn't like this was a movie that the new regime gave the green light on as it was shooting way back in December of 2016 if I remember correctly.  They for sure were shooting in February as they showed footage at CinemaCon in March of 2017.  

When's the first of the new regime's slate coming out and what is their focus? 

11 minutes ago, BK007 said:

When's the first of the new regime's slate coming out and what is their focus? 

A Quiet Place and Book Club are both part of the new regime that started in March 2017.  Book Club started filming last August and A Quiet Place shot mainly last fall.  

Bumblebee is basically part of the old regime even though it didn't start filming until July of 2017 and same thing with Top Gun: Maverick.  Wonder Park is old regime.  

Overlord is mostly part of the new regime along with What Men Want and a Tyler Perry produced movie.  Rocket Man, Instant Family, Gemini Man, Limited Partners, Pet Semetary, etc...

I don't know who to blame the new Terminator on.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rthanos said:

Solo 7.8,DP2 6.5,AIW 2.7,BC 2.1,Adr 4.2,Upg 1.5,AP 780k

That’s a very frontloaded day for Adrift from previews. 

Ok for Upgrade considering it’s count. 

Excellent for Book Club, dropped only 22% from last Friday.

The clearout before Jurassic World arrives! 

12 minutes ago, EmpireCity said:

A Quiet Place and Book Club are both part of the new regime that started in March 2017.  Book Club started filming last August and A Quiet Place shot mainly last fall.  

Bumblebee is basically part of the old regime even though it didn't start filming until July of 2017 and same thing with Top Gun: Maverick.  Wonder Park is old regime.  

Overlord is mostly part of the new regime along with What Men Want and a Tyler Perry produced movie.  Rocket Man, Instant Family, Gemini Man, Limited Partners, Pet Semetary, etc...

I don't know who to blame the new Terminator on.  

Terminator I think the new 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

RPO is looking to end at 580 ww with 

136 Dom + 222 OS-CH + 222 CH

= 136*0.55 + 222*0.33 + 222*0.25

= 74.8 + 73.3 + 55.5

= 203.6 approx theatrical revenue.

The movie had good reception and non-theatrical revenue should be strong.

In regards to profit, our film finance sources are telling us that a global take of $440M ($120M domestic, $120M China, $200M overseas) would take Ready Player One to a near break-even before counting participations, residuals, and interest (in which case, it’s then short of break-even). Again, these types of projections never come from Warner Bros. [deadline]

Hope we get a sequel.

• Like 1

DP2 goes up from 6 to 6.5. 21-22 back on the menu boys.

6.5 + 8.8 (+35%) + 6.4 (-27%) = 21.7

Solo optimistically,

7.8 + 11.9 (+52%) + 8.8 (-26%) = 28.5 (-66%)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Solo 2nd weekend looking like 26M to 27.5M depending on the next 2 days. So about a 68-70% drop from MD weekend. Going to guess that IMAX goes to Oceans 8 next weekend. 

And I'm going to guess no more crazy 65% revenue shares on Star Wars for Disney going forward. Hell, the theater chains should demand they get 65% for IX at this point. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6