baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Jumanji is terrible now.

:) i get the tingles every time the next task is about to appear in text. the flooding of the house and the bad cgi lion is fun. i like scenes like the lion's tail accidentally playing the piano. robin williams packs emotion into the cgi fest. dunst is sweet.

• Community Manager
Just now, A2k Rex said:

:) i get the tingles every time the next task is about to appear in text. the flooding of the house and the bad cgi lion is fun. i like scenes like the lion's tail accidentally playing the piano. robin williams packs emotion into the cgi fest. dunst is sweet.

it's all really bad CGI the CGI did not age well at all. the kids acting was terrible as well. it just felt like a cheap kids movie last time I checked it out.

Using Deadline's nums DP2 and Solo could be damn close coming weekend. POTC5 had a 65% 2nd weekend drop (against Wondy and CU) followed by a 51.5% one (Mummy).

-Solo could drop 50-53% coming weekend for 13.5-14.5 3rd weekend.

-DP2 could follow the current -46% hold by a 40-45% drop next weekend for 13-14.

I am busy stanning DP2 with another club else would have made this one.

Edited by A2k Rex

9 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

it's all really bad CGI the CGI did not age well at all. the kids acting was terrible as well. it just felt like a cheap kids movie last time I checked it out.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zakiyyah6 said:

Those movies were hits and both will make more than Solo worldwide. So obviously more people were asking for them than were asking for Solo. 

That a bit strange way to see things.

Take La la land/Greatest Showman or a Jumanji remake for more extreme example, did people were asking for those because they become great success ? Or once shown the preposition (via a trailer view or a description from a work colleague/friend) the high concept interested them ?

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

There are no numbers to report. Box office is dead 

:Venom:

Yeah, I'm really not interested in this weekends box office. Solo is going to end up with just over $200M total, Deadpool just under $300M. That's the end of tracking those movies. Who even cares about the openers? 

Jurassic World is hilarious, its actually one of the best theatrical experiences I had due to the crowd I had on its opening Friday night.  I sat next to this big black guy and his wife who couldn't stop laughing at the Indian guy.   Haven't seen it since though.

17 minutes ago, Noctis said:

Where are the numbers?

Current numbers:   

Solo 0  

DP2 0   

IW  0  

Book Club 0  

Adrift   0   

Upgrade 0  

Action Point 0    

Rumor has it that some of these may go up with actuals.

Edited by Thanos Legion

Just now, Thanos Legion said:

Current numbers:   

Solo 0  

DP2 0   

IW  0  

Book Club 0  

Adrift   0   

Upgrade 0  

Action Point 0    

Rumor has it that some of these may go up with actuals.

action point may stay close to your estimates

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

38 minutes ago, A2k Rex said:

I enjoyed the monkeys in that film. They were really tricky, and them messing the house up always gave me a chuckle. 

Sure the CGI hasn't aged well (but what do you expect from 90's CGI?), but I still think the original Jumanji is quite entertaining. Robin Williams is great, and I actually like how "dark" the film gets at points.