baumer

Weekend Thread....Please read the staff announcement pg 104 (Solo 29.2...DP 23.3...Adrift 11.5)

2 minutes ago, Alli said:

do we have pre-sales report for MM2?  

seems more like a walk-up movie tho, even tho women are more likely to but tickets in advance. hmmmm

I think they're talking about Ocean's 8 lol 

• Thanks 1

The 7:20 show for Mamma Mia 2 that Friday night has already sold 10 seats at my theater more than 1.5 months away from release lol. I am starting to think it's gonna surprise and be that rare sequel where the long time gap between the first and second will help more than it will hurt.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

It has made more than 1M every weekend since expanding. 5 in a row now. Absolutely nuts for a Documentary.

RBG, her Powah! 

This bodes well for the feature film biopic coming in November with Felicity Jones.

GB2016 had a 2.79x multiplier. Would expect O8 to get that at least. With 30-35 ow that gives it 84-98 dom. If it does 3x it's prod budget (70) globally with nearly half coming from lucrative dom and without a China release, a sequel should happen I guess.

6 minutes ago, Alli said:

ooooh  yeah. I don't know why i wrote MM2. lol  

so how's O8 doing? where are the pre-sales numbers?

No clue lol 

Even if I did a seating report thing like I do with other films, it would be pointless since I literally have zero comps for it. Like I have no idea what I would even compare it to lol

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Astonished 4

1 minute ago, A2k Rex said:

GB2016 had a 2.79x multiplier. Would expect O8 to get that at least. With 30-35 ow that gives it 84-98 dom. If it does 3x it's prod budget (70) globally with nearly half coming from lucrative dom and without a China release, a sequel should happen I guess.

The production budget is $70 but what are the back end deals?   Bullock does not come cheap.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

The first Mamma Mia movie is more entertaining than at least half of the MCU movies. That being said, this second one looks like a snooze. Plus the Meryl factor may disappoint some people. Still, it's release date is perfect for capturing audiences seeking some light, summer fare.

They have missed out India here. It's ~12M

Edited by oMeriMombatti

^^^ great hold as it did 57 odd last weekend! only 56 away from 400 OS after a 41.6 weekend. Probably opened in some markets? It's not gonna miss 400 OS and 300 Dom. 725+ ww likely.