Water Bottle

Ocean's 8 Weekend Thread | O8: 41.5...Solo 15.1...DP2: 13.6...Hereditary: 13.0

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

oppun wagnam style has a bil, movie will make a tril ww

What the hell kind of hack job is this? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

Do we have any datadumps of trailer views against film performance, do we have a reason to care about youtube views of a trailer? The Force Awakens has half as many views as IW even though TFA was released 3 years ago. Yet here we are with IW losing to TFA, what's the point of you tube trailer count again?

oppun wagnam style has a bil, movie will make a tril ww

It should be a concern when the views are really low, like what happened with Solo.  As for the TFA and IW, their gross will be very similar in the end, but Marvel has more young fans that watch the trailers.

15 minutes ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

How much does Hereditary need to break even and/or make a profit?

Depends on the O/S and ancillaries and if A24 when a bit too wild with marketing. 

Did they hit the $30-35m Dom avg with marketing or keep it around or even under $20m like a sensible Indie studio?  (Entertainment Studios spent $30-35m on 47 Meters Down)

Did they pre-sell O/S rights?  I don't think A24 distribute internationally. Do they?

The cost of WW release for Get Out  was $77m for P&A  (does not include video distribution costs or participation points) but that's Universal not A24.

https://deadline.com/2018/03/get-out-box-office-profit-2017-1202345412/

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

https://deadline.com/2018/06/avengers-infinity-war-2-black-panther-marvel-chief-kevin-feige-1202406944/

On the $1.3 billion success of Black PantherFeige said that Marvel “wanted to destroy the myth that black movies don’t work well around the world,” and being at Disney with its platinum marketing department allowed the comic book studio to swing for the fences.

“The budget for Black Panther was bigger than Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, and you can’t do that without the support and encouragement from the leaders of the company,” he said.

I thought BP budget was 200M and CA:CW 250M. But I think he's probably talking about marketing budget here, even then BP having more budget than CA:CW really is something.

• Like 2

https://deadline.com/2018/06/oceans-8-sandra-bullock-box-office-hereditary-hotel-artemis-1202406200/

O8 - 41.5M

4th UPDATE, Sunday AM: Warner Bros./Village Roadshow’s Ocean’s 8 is sailing in with a $41.5M opening, still the best debut for the franchise, and a solid start for what will be a good piece of counterprogramming in the event-filled marketplace. When it comes to gender-swapping an established franchise, it’s also safe to say that Ocean’s 8 is a win

Edited by oMeriMombatti
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

7 minutes ago, oMeriMombatti said:

https://deadline.com/2018/06/avengers-infinity-war-2-black-panther-marvel-chief-kevin-feige-1202406944/

On the $1.3 billion success of Black PantherFeige said that Marvel “wanted to destroy the myth that black movies don’t work well around the world,” and being at Disney with its platinum marketing department allowed the comic book studio to swing for the fences.

“The budget for Black Panther was bigger than Doctor Strange, Ant-Man, Captain America: Civil War, and you can’t do that without the support and encouragement from the leaders of the company,” he said.

I thought BP budget was 200M and CA:CW 250M. But I think he's probably talking about marketing budget here, even then BP having more budget than CA:CW really is something.

Budget was previously reported at $210m (after rebates) but he's talking budget here not marketing so either BP was in actuality much higher or CW was lower than $250m.  Feige also talked about the biggest growing expense is salaries not below the line costs and on CW the only large salaries are RDJ, Evans & SJ and the latter two were already in TWS (though they got salary bumps) which reportedly cost around $175m

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Wow, Won't You Be My Neighbor? really shot up from Deadline's Friday projection; that's a 16.2k PTA :jeb!: I'm really curious how wide this is going to release.

This wide