Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

Just now, water said:

you guys realize awit would have done a respectable 120-130m if racism didn't exist right? it was sabotaged before it even came out, you can see that from the disproportionate dislikes on all its youtube videos

Okay.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, water said:

you guys realize awit would have done a respectable 120-130m if racism didn't exist right? it was sabotaged before it even came out, you can see that from the disproportionate dislikes on all its youtube videos

I would also argue it would have done that if it wasn't an unfathomably bad movie in almost every regard.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

On a side note, I wonder if any other animated film this year does over $250M mark. This year doesn’t have any bonafide breakouts like 2016 did (Pets, Dory, Zoo, Moana, Song and if you count it TJB.) aside from I2 which is making history. 

It's 2012 all over again - exception being that TI2 is actually crossing the 250m mark... Also 250m Animated films didn't use to be very common - and we have had only 3 in the last 2 years

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, narniadis said:

It's 2012 all over again - exception being that TI2 is actually crossing the 250m mark... Also 250m Animated films didn't use to be very common - and we have had only 3 in the last 2 years

True but still, think something should’ve been big.

I’m thinking due to the drought of last year, both HT3, Robin and to a lesser extent TTG breaks out due to how weak the family market has been.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, John Marston said:

After How Incredibles 2 is doing and Dory I’m more convinced Toy Story 3 underperformed 

It got hit by Theater count losses and 3D issues for sure in the summer of 2010 but Despicable Me also put a dent in it but it's Adjusted total is still $488m - very very respectable.

Toy Story was huge, but never as huge as some of their other films so the fact that TS3's historic performance is in line with being the #3 franchise makes sense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, water said:

Are we just choosing to ignore that the most predominantly African-American led blockbuster ever is the highest grossing domestic film of the year and will likely stay that way?

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, water said:

Yes, racism is a thing but so are terrible trailers and bad reviews. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

True but still, think something should’ve been big.

I’m thinking due to the drought of last year, both HT3, Robin and to a lesser extent TTG breaks out due to how weak the family market has been.

I don't disagree :)

I think the animation slate is going to be really strong all the way up into Frozen 2 next winter and then it will cycle down again.

• Like 2

Just now, Mango said:

Are we just choosing to ignore that the most predominantly African-American led blockbuster ever is the highest grossing domestic film of the year and will likely stay that way?

We are supposed to ignore the awful trailers and apologetically bad reviews as well.  If A Wrinkle in Time looked good it would have had a better opening weekend. Period. I guess racism killed lily white Tomorrowland, John Carter and the Alice sequel as well. 

• Like 5

Looks like this year for Disney is either hit or miss. BP does 700m then AWIT does 100m, IW does 685m then Solo does 210m, now Incredibles broke out with 180m OW and a possible (likely) 550m DOM. Does this mean that AM&TW will do sub 150m DOM? Or that Christopher Robin will break out to +250m DOM? It's almost like they have to sacrifice one movie so the next one can break out. 😂😂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, water said:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

I don't disagree :)

I think the animation slate is going to be really strong all the way up into Frozen 2 next winter and then it will cycle down again.

I could see that.

To be honest, the three way brawl between Grinch, Ralph 2 and Spider Verse should be interesting. Hell outside of TTG and Smallfoot, everything should be over $100M.

• Like 2