Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

45 minutes ago, GraceRandolph said:

Lol at this excuse. “Racism”  does not prevent a movie from being a huge smash (case in point - Black Panther that has the 3rd highest DOM gross of all time.) AWIT BOMBED because it was a terrible movie directed by someone with no talent. It literally looks like a TV movie - why would anyone pay to see that? 

Not sure what you have against Ava but her resume says differently. just because she has one misfire doesn't mean she's talentless. You may want to take a look at her previous work in the critically acclaimed this of it.

• Like 3

Just now, Curtis1986 said:

Not sure what you have against Ava but her resume says differently. just because she has one misfire doesn't mean she's talentless. You may want to take a look at her previous work in the critically acclaimed this of it.

GraceRandolph is a troll, best put them on ignore,

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

And now a live look at @CoolEric258's 100m for all 2018 Disney releases club:

KshPBhw.gif

LMAO Im not sure what movie thats from but it reminds me of Alex Mack... one of the best shows on nickelodeon 

• ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Overboard just fucked a lot of us in the game on SOTM 8. 

Not those who took a look at its theater count drop and easily figured it wouldn't have the juice to get to 50m

Ocean's 8 did fuck me though, but thankfully I only used 2,000 points on it

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

O8's drop really isn't good for a movie that should be WOM driven. Right on par with Ghostbusters. It didn't even get hurt much by FD, unless the actuals go significantly down. 

A 4 quad movie sniffing a 200 million opening doesn't help though. Especially, I imagine, with a not-negligible female demographic thanks to Elastigirl. 

Edited by Mekanos
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

O8's drop really isn't good for a movie that should be WOM driven. Right on par with Ghostbusters. It didn't even get hurt much by FD, unless the actuals go significantly down. 

WOM on O8 is that it's alright but nothing special.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thrylos 7 said:

So why aren’t studios doing it with that ease ?

Much easier if someone does not consider inflation.

They can do Lord of the Rings Return of the King (one of the biggest book franchise of all time getting of the most love and acclaimed trilogy of movies of all time, on location giant productions with new movie technology being made for it) with a movie like Minions or beat Harry Potter 1 with Jumanji.

A movie like The Boss Baby made much more than the first Shrek or Saving Private Ryan.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

Not those who took a look at its theater count drop and easily figured it wouldn't have the juice to get to 50m

Well it seems no one did but you lol, so my point still stands.

And yeah, we're going down with O8 too. 

you are right But I just had to say it. Ava resume speaks for itself.  1 misfire doesn't discredit the four critical Acclaim movies she has done in the critically acclaimed TV show she created.  I just hate how people act like one film defines your whole career as a filmmaker. If that was the case then some of the top filmmakers would be done.   The Incredibles 2 and finding Dora would have been done after John Carter in Tomorrowland flopped

Edited by Curtis1986
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

I considered switching to no, but instead I kept it at yes and gave it 6k. I had Ocean's at 8k

6 minutes ago, YLF said:

LMAO Im not sure what movie thats from but it reminds me of Alex Mack... one of the best shows on nickelodeon 

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

(took me minutes... MINUTES I SAY to add Mickey's head frame by frame on that T2 gif I posted!)

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, MovieMan89 said:

Well it seems no one did but you lol, so my point still stands.

And yeah, we're going down with O8 too. 

Me and JJ-8. Still shocks me a little tbh. I've long held that people submitting their answers before they look at the coming weekend's theater counts on Thursday is the main reason they don't get as many points as they could. That page is your friend you guys!

• Like 1

Just now, L Silverman said:

WOM on O8 is that it's alright but nothing special.

I imagine Ocean's 8 will likely do enough for a sequel given the budget is $70m, OS will likely be a lot stronger compared to Ghostbusters OS numbers. 

The drop is on par with Ocean's Twelve which considering it was a December release, didn't have great legs. 

3 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

you are right But I just had to say it. Ava resume speaks for itself.  1 misfire doesn't discredit the four critical Acclaim movies she has done in the critically acclaimed TV show she created.  I just hate how people act like one film defines your whole career as a filmmaker. If that was the case then some of the top filmmakers would be done.

It doesn't but this was her first big budget film and she flubbed it.  And WB/DC gave her New Gods, big mistake.