Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

44 minutes ago, narniadis said:

National Treasure 3 was the biggest casualty of the Bruckheimer - Disney split... shame we never got it. Will never understand why Nic and Jerry thought we needed Sorcerer's Apprentice first since we were already at 3 years and its not like they didn't set up NT3 in the final moments of #2... 

If we got it now, it would be like getting Night at the Museum 3 - way too long between and lucky to crack 100m....

Cage's career has become so deeply entrenched in DTV Hell at this point that no studio executive in their right mind would bankroll a potential $100M+ project headlined by him in 2018.

5 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

If The Ring Two had released when The Grudge did and been decent, it would have gone berserk at the box office. The Grudge making 100m+ in '04 was 100% off the back of The Ring's popularity. 

The Grudge was a movie that a lot of people actually thought was a sequel to The Ring. But The Ring Two foundered mostly because it was a big pile of shit.

Speaking of Fast & Furious, I'm really curious to see how long that franchise can avoid going the way of Pirates/Transformers. Keeps going up OS but dropped hard DOM, and Rock splintering off to a spinoff doesn't exactly portend good things. Crazy how fast the main cast has withered down to Vin, Michelle Rod and Tyrese. Not sure that holds the same appeal the gang from 5/6 did

Granted, the cars are the main appeal especially in Asian markets. But that was true of the Transformers bots too...

9 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Speaking of Fast & Furious, I'm really curious to see how long that franchise can avoid going the way of Pirates/Transformers. Keeps going up OS but dropped hard DOM, and Rock splintering off to a spinoff doesn't exactly portend good things. Crazy how fast the main cast has withered down to Vin, Michelle Rod and Tyrese. Not sure that holds the same appeal the gang from 5/6 did

Granted, the cars are the main appeal especially in Asian markets. But that was true of the Transformers bots too...

I think as long as the quality stays in the "enjoyable" range, the audience won't get instantly fed up with the franchise and yell "ENOUGH!" like everyone did with Transformers.

11 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Pirates actually hold off good OS. If only they were not made on solo budget.

IMO pirates is the only critic proof franchise. Fatigue hit it harder.

13 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Domestic drop already happened with 8. But overseas hold was amazing 

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

8's gross wasn't that far off from 5 and 6. It was the seventh film that was an anomaly, albeit for obvious reasons.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, John Marston said:

But fell into range of the other non-RIP-Paul-Walker ones. Has further to fall. And I wonder if OS will keep going up or fall off too

They brought in SCOTT EASTWOOD as their Paul Walker replacement lmao

6 minutes ago, Chewy said:

But fell into range of the other non-RIP-Paul-Walker ones. Has further to fall. And I wonder if OS will keep going up or fall off too

They brought in SCOTT EASTWOOD as their Paul Walker replacement lmao

Related image

as of now, I will probably see Book Club first based on these totals

1. Book Club - 68+

2. Life of the Party - 53.00

3. Overboard - 49.75

4. I Feel Pretty - 49.00

5. Breaking In - 46.50

6. Truth or Dare - 40.75

and Game Night based on these totals

1. Game Night - 69.00

2. Blockers - 60.00

3. Tag ~ 45.00

Edited by mathemetrics
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Will the numbers go up with actuals for Incredibles 2?

They could, but Disney was already pretty bullish on the drop. I expected them to estimate it at 175, actually.

To go much higher, it'd have to play more like a live action superhero movie than an animated movie for Father's day. So we'll have to see which way it leans closer to.

• Like 1