Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

20 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

So this twitter guy who reported 179 actuals isn't legit?

I think we need a list of non-trustable sources so no one quotes them :sparta:

He was right at first and then he all of sudden changed it 

1 minute ago, Moviefanatic said:

He was right at first and then he all of sudden changed it 

Well he said the figure was reported by comScore. It was probably just an estimate.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

MoviePass Reps 40% Of ‘Gotti’s $1.67M Opening As Critics Slaughter John Travolta Mob Pic 

The era of MoviePass share higher than 3D and IMAX gross share has begun.

So if it weren't for MoviePass Gotti would've made less than $1m :bourne:

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

So if it weren't for MoviePass Gotti would've made less than $1m :bourne:

0%
Average Rating: 2.5/10
Reviews Counted: 23
Fresh: 0
Rotten: 23

Pretty much in line with its RT score

Edited by titanic2187

21 hours ago, oMeriMombatti said:

I2 becomes the only animated movie to have 3 50M+ days even if you take out the previews. If it has the same multiplier as Finding Dory it gets to 660M and becomes the 3rd movie this year to go above Titanic 'cough Jimbo cough' :P . If you take out the previews, Dory did 126M off 45M true Friday whereas I2 did 165M off 53.7M true Friday, so it's internal multiplier is even better than FD. Having said all of this, I'm predicting 633.1M DOM total for I2 which will be just above The Incredibles WW total.

And joins a pretty elite club.

Because it's just the seventh film to do that:

Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Marvel's the Avengers

Jurassic World

Black Panther

Avengers: Infinity War all had three day above 50M (True Friday, Saturday and Sunday of OW)

Star Wars: The Force Awakens had 4 (5 if previews are counted as a day)! (Previews, True Friday, Saturday and Sunday of OW and Saturday off 2nd Weekend and that Friday missed it by just 675k)

Edited by Taruseth

8 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Its crazy to think that Titanic could sink to #6 DOM sometime in July when Incredibles (should) outgross it, when it still was #3 in February :ohmygod:

Lol, in Germany it still is #1 in lc. How many years till one film can dethrone it?

1 minute ago, Taruseth said:

Lol, in Germany it still is #1 in lc. How many years till one film can dethrone it?

Wont ever happen imo. The market is shrinking and looking at the near future, the current Hollywood blockbusters just dont seem to click with the german audiences. Maybe if another Fantasy Epic like LOTR or a new cultural phenomenon like the film adaptions of Harry Potter somehow comes along.

3 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Considering the ever decreasing attendance figures in Germany -  probably not any time in the next couple of decades unless there's a currency crash and crazy inflation.

34 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

The era of MoviePass share higher than 3D and IMAX gross share has begun.

19 minutes ago, cookie said:

So if it weren't for MoviePass Gotti would've made less than $1m

Gotti is co-distributed by moviepass themselve and they co-own the movie, it would played differently if it were not for MoviePass.

3 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Wont ever happen imo. The market is shrinking and looking at the near future, the current Hollywood blockbusters just dont seem to click with the german audiences. Maybe if another Fantasy Epic like LOTR or a new cultural phenomenon like the film adaptions of Harry Potter somehow comes along.

If cinema is able to stay at least somewhat relevant it should be able to do that in thirty years, when a ticket cost 25€ so the film needs just 5m adm.

I kind of hope that TLK does it, but won't happen (like 0% chance)😥😂

I know people say that this age has it's own disadvantages when it comes to Box Office like piracy and streaming but in no way anyone can convince me that Titanic's performance wouldn't be more impressive than a movie making $3.5b tommorow.

Making $2b with that ticket price, no 3D or other formats, without China or any of the markets that have developed crazily since now. In no way all those disadvantages outweigh the fact that you can find some of the current movies, illegaly in 144p quality within a week of coming out.