Asyulus

INCREDIBLES 2 Weekend |🏆| ACTUALS: 182.7M OW | O8 19M, Tag 14.9M, Solo 10M, DP2 8.7M, IW 5.4M

6 minutes ago, water said:

i'm not saying it's a good movie, i haven't seen it and didn't want to because it looked bad. i'm saying it would have made more money if people weren't racist because we know for a fact that plenty didn't see it JUST because the main character was black.

black panther also would have made more money if there weren't racist people out there. is this really controversial lmao?

You just solved the mystery on why it didn't make more money! And fyi, the main character is biracial!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I would be surprised if episode 9 hit 600mil. Thinking best case is like 575mil and that's only if they find a real selling point for the thing. 

Anyway Solo is probably going to drop around 59-59.5% from Rogue One's total domestically. Brutal. 

39 minutes ago, John Marston said:

After How Incredibles 2 is doing and Dory I’m more convinced Toy Story 3 underperformed 

IMO it did. I loved the movie but for it not to beat Shrek 2 with all that hype...yea i was slightly disappointed 

9 minutes ago, FTF said:

Ep9 I still think hits $600m...and outside shot of Frozen 2 (and very long shot potential of TS4).

TLK 99% sure

A4 70% sure

EP9 70% sure

F2 like you said outside shot, but i woudn't bet money on it.

TS4 well yeah less chance than frozen.

Btw I did forget to mention EP9, that was mb.

Toy Story 3 performed what it performed. The franchise wasn't as popular as Nemo and didn't have the insistent demand for a sequel that Incredibles did.

TS4 is definitely gonna "underperform" if you thought TS3 did. 

Edited by tribefan695

42 minutes ago, water said:

you guys realize awit would have done a respectable 120-130m if racism didn't exist right? it was sabotaged before it even came out, you can see that from the disproportionate dislikes on all its youtube videos

18 minutes ago, water said:

i'm not saying it's a good movie, i haven't seen it and didn't want to because it looked bad.

so it looked bad but also its racist to dislike it. got it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

Toy Story 3 performed what it performed. The franchise was never as popular as Nemo and didn't have the insistent demand for a sequel that Incredibles did.

My prediction for TS4 is only 320 million...so highly doubt it’ll underporm. 

22 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

That overseas figure seems pretty low to me considering the China opening. I'm not seeing much more than $800M for JW2 from international territories. 

China opening didn’t increase much from JW so there wasn’t a big boost.

FK still has Japan and Latin America to come. 

But you’re right. Don’t see over 800M OS either.

For China, it will have  a hard time matching JW’s 225M. 

258M OS-China now. The goal is 400M from current markets.

Japan and Latin American brought in ~200M for JW. But with I2 doing incredible business in South America atm, I think FK will decrease there. Japan will too since its BO behavior is more comparable to European countries than Asian ones. 150M total maybe. 

750M-800M OS

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Toy Story 3 performed what it performed. The franchise was never as popular as Nemo and didn't have the insistent demand for a sequel that Incredibles did.

Honestly, the first Toy Story works very well as a stand-alone film. If a sequel was never made, I’d still be satisfied because it’s just a masterpiece in its own right. The Incredibles has more justification for having a sequel than Toy Story probably ever did.

But, in my opinion, Toy Story 2 is even better than the first film so I’m very thankful that they made it anyway.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is why 98% of people didn't see it fwiw

lol so the only difference between our opinions is that you think 2% of people didn't see it because of racism while i think it was more like 10%. glad that a small difference in numbers like that is getting me attacked.

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

so it looked bad but also its racist to dislike it. got it.

TELL ME where i said that. i will paypal you 100 dollars if you can point out anywhere i claimed it was racist to dislike the movie.

this is pathetic. many people: loudly and proudly say they're not seeing the movie because of the black characters. me: therefore it would have made more money if those people had seen it. you guys: have a meltdown over that simple fact.

25 minutes ago, a2k said:

61.7 OS-China + 111.9 China = 173.6 OS weekend for JW2.

OS-China OW was 150.9 for JW2 (5-day in many markets).

So 61.7 2nd weekend is actually a good hold of -59%, especially since the world cup kicked in.

Yeah, it's the good hold but its OW was a little underwhelming.

I'm seeing $600-700M OS. Under BP WW is likely.

17 minutes ago, Curtis1986 said:

Congrats to AVA on AWIT making 100 million. Also congrats on another critically acclaimed successful 3rd season of her show Queen sugar. Cant want for her new Central Park Five movie and New Gods. Make that money.

I like Ava and look forward to New Gods but congratulating her for directing a flop is weird.  You going to congratulate Ron Howard too?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, bladels said:

Yeah, it's the good hold but its OW was a little underwhelming.

I'm seeing $600-700M OS. Under BP WW is likely.

Under BP seems locked. However 600-700 is a bit too conservative imo.

370 OS:

258.1 OS-China after 61.7 weekend. Should add 110 more.

111.9 China after 111.9 weekend. Should add 90 more.

So 370 + 110 + 90 = 570 with Latin America and Japan to more.

Should do ~150 from those new markets for 570 + 150 = 720 OS

350-400 Dom gives 1070-1120 WW.

Edited by a2k
  • Like 1