A Marvel Fanboy

Tron: Ares | October 10, 2025 | Jared Leto to star, Joachim Ronning to direct

Attention Disney: do whatever you have to to talk Daft Punk into coming back!

They made that movie. They would easily be worth breaking all records for most expensive sountrack in movie history for this one. They will be worth every penny.

• Like 1

For once I completely agree with Tele. Legacy was absolute rubbish, with almost nothing to like except for the score, and arguably Michael Sheen's strange David Bowie impersonation. In fact, I might even say the few minutes we got of that club were all good, as it breathed a little bit of life into the entirely hollow world we're meant to believe in. But yeah, I don't think there is much to praise about the film.

It really came alive when Daft Punk was on the screen.  The emotion in their helmets.

I fight for the users

Just re-watched Legacy.

I didn't appreciate this enough when I saw it in theaters.  My son was young and bored and I had trouble following it.

After seeing it again on a free HBO preview I grew to really like it and bought the Blu-Ray.

Yes... the story is confusing and anyone here could have written better dialog.

However the visuals were amazing and the soundtrack became one of my favorites of all time.

I'd kill to have the opportunity to see this in IMAX

That Fall/Winter I was coding a website for a company a friend and I formed.  For months almost every day after everyone went to bed I'd turn off the lights and put this or the Social Network on and code halfway through the night.

The music of Tron ( and the theme of the SN ) would kept me motivated to keep plugging away at the project.

My kid... who interfered with my watching this in the theater became a huge fan also.  He made these 'Discs' and we'd run around the house throwing them at each other:

IMAG0570_zpsyrnrfyae.jpg

The Tron Dance party at Disneyland was huge fun also.  We made a special trip to CA ( from CO ) just to see it one more time before it went away.  And of course I couldn't resist buying 'real' discs:

IMAG0571_zpsbwitwj0b.jpg

I'm freakin' excited for Tron 3. 

I'll be very disappointed if Daft Punk are not involved.

• Like 3