A Marvel Fanboy

Tron: Ares | October 10, 2025 | Jared Leto to star, Joachim Ronning to direct

Yeah a good ride is a good ride. Water World Stunt show in Hollywood is 20 years old and still packing them in, its a huge hit and a great show even though the movie bombed. 

Also Splash Mountain is technically based of Song of the South, no one has ever seen that movie but it doesn't matter is a family log ride and its great. 

• Like 1

End of the day I agree, one themepark in one market wasn't going to be the reason the movie was getting made. But the ride at the time was green-lit before the movie was canceled. The whole rollercoaster track was already installed \by the time they canceled the movie. 

The park and the ride were approved long before Tron Legacy even came out I believe (it was rumored as far back as 2009 even) so it was greenlit on the basis that TL would be a big hit. I do think TL's underperformance did affect the rumored plans to turn the abandoned Peoplemover track in Anaheim into a similar ride, but those plans could very well be put back on the table if the Shanghai version proves to be super popular.

Edited by C00k13
  • Like 1

I think this series could maybe still continue in video game and/or animated series format. If they ever make another video game they should make Daft Punk come back

They tried a cartoon already. Nobody watched it, it sold no toys, and DisneyXD then cancelled it.

• Like 1