ThePhasmid

Mandy l September 14th 2018 I Nicolas Cage

14 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Is this getting a wide release so it can get pooled by CinemaScore? I'm curious.

It's not getting wide release, it's not even rated by MPAA. I think with bigger distributor it could get at least 1000 theaters, especially with reviews this good.

Edited by Firepower
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

i can't find screenings, where is this playing?

It's distributed by the same guys who had Brawl in Cell Block 99 and Terminal whose theatrical releases were so limited they don't even have pages on BOM, and they went on VOD either the same week or a week later. So presumably you'll be able to see this at home within weeks or even days.

3 showings at 7 PM tonight in about a 10-15 driving radius from me. I'm not too far from LA, though. SF, Austin, Chicago, and NYC probably have an equal amount of showings in the city. No one expected this to do big numbers (even when it comes to PTA).

Edited by ThePhasmid

2 hours ago, DMan7 said:

:rofl:

This looks like a comedy. Nic Cage's acting looks so fake. 

To be fair, Nicolas Cage seldom delivers an understated performance. He is theatrical and electric in a way that few others are. Some directors know how to utilize it. Others waste it. Panos, similar to Lynch and Herzog, know how to tap into that unhinged performance art Cage is popular for.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 9/13/2018 at 10:09 PM, Jake Gittes said:

It's distributed by the same guys who had Brawl in Cell Block 99 and Terminal whose theatrical releases were so limited they don't even have pages on BOM, and they went on VOD either the same week or a week later. So presumably you'll be able to see this at home within weeks or even days.

Uh... It's already out on digital stores and torrent sites...

3 hours ago, Dr Loomis baumer said:

this movie has one showtime at one theater in the greater Toronto area and I'm going to find a way to see it tomorrow night at 9:45 p.m.

Sir, go in after taking a decent afternoon nap. There's a recruitment sequence that will test your perception of reality. I've never had LSD, but I imagine this is as close as I'll get in cinematic form. Imagine the Peyote scene in Young Guns with a dash of Altered States, and you're only halfway there. Also, Batman Dad goes full frontal.

Edited by ThePhasmid
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1