WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

tfw you make a post that just tries to say "hey guys Ant-Man and the Wasp is the most fun MCU movie" but you phrase it awkwardly and there are 6 follow up posts mocking you

it's great to see a post from That One Guy that has nothing on its mind but delivering a post that's BAD.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

tfw you make a post that just tries to say "hey guys Ant-Man and the Wasp is the most fun MCU movie" but you phrase it awkwardly and there are 6 follow up posts mocking you

This is the future of BOT ladies and gentleman. The future is dark.

2 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

an edgy and very clever post.  very proud of you, you’ve done it again

you must be honoured for the first time i copied one of your posts instead of the other way around. the student has become the master.

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

an edgy and very clever post.  very proud of you, you’ve done it again

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

you must be honoured for the first time i copied one of your posts instead of the other way around. the student has become the master.

You guys gonna fuck or what?

• Like 3
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, That One Guy said:

why are you implying that I'd ever hold you in that high regard?

good point. so many of your posts are just shittier versions of my jokes you've gotta be ruining them on purpose.

• Haha 2

when Deadline put out the 11.5m Thursday estimate, it made sense to raise the prediction a little bit up +10% to 100m OW.

it is like blackjack.  tracking vs other 2018 films was low enough to suggest it wasn't going to coast by 80 and up through 90, but when that 11.5m Thursday number hit, conclusions were drawn.  Comparisons were made comparing AM2 amongst the other Summer blockbusters.  Then expectations become stretched a little bit that this should then come out on the luckier side of a high number thus challenging some of the films like JWFK that dipped a little.

3 hours ago, grey ghost said:

What was Twillight's legs?

Incredible's was nothing mindblowing either.

There is a reason I said or book sales/home video performance

Twilight was one of the biggest home video monster ever:

https://www.the-numbers.com/home-market/packaged-media-sales/2009

Second most sales (biggest for dvds) in 2009 despite being #7 at the domestic box office the previous year.

According to the sony leaked e-mail twilight had "only" sold 3.892 million book by the time the first movie opened in the US (versus 2.6m and 2.3m for fault in our star and Divergent). After the movie release in 2008 and in 2009 it was breaking Harry Potter sale records even at some UK vendor:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/6590249/Twilight-book-breaks-sales-records.html

The teen vampire books by Stephenie Meyer have sold one million copies in little over two and a half years – beating the previous record set by Harry Potter author JK Rowling.

"Popular doesn’t even begin to describe it – the Twilight Saga is a phenomenon in its own right and like Harry Potter it has generated a global sensation that crosses several media.“

First one success was a surprise to many people but the huge OW weekend increase for the sequel was clearly on people radar.

If we would compare ticket sales for the FSS between the 2 incredible the difference would be quite smaller than the absolute numbers, I doubt it doubled sales at that level.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hot Take: watched all 5 Twilight films for the first time and they’re actually pretty good. I mean literally nothing happens in any of the films and yet somehow someway the filmmakers had me keep watching each film one by one to see what would happen. Extraordinary film making if you ask me. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Nova said:

Hot Take: watched all 5 Twilight films for the first time and they’re actually pretty good. I mean literally nothing happens in any of the films and yet somehow someway the filmmakers had me keep watching each film one by one to see what would happen. Extraordinary film making if you ask me. 

They have better production value than the source material deserves.

They also cut out a bunch of obnoxious chatter...I'm still only halfway through the first book after one month.

• Like 1
  • Disbelief 1

10 minutes ago, Nova said:

What did you think of the final battle :Venom:

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

What did you think of the final battle :Venom:

Better than Infinity War’s

I mean when Carlisle gets his head chopped off after trying to avenge Alice’s death. Some of the wolves die. They kill the Volturi and then I find out it was just them looking into the future of what May happen. Whew. They got me. 

:sparta:

Edited by Nova
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 2

6 minutes ago, Morieris said:

They have better production value than the source material deserves.

They also cut out a bunch of obnoxious chatter...I'm still only halfway through the first book after one month.

I’ve only ever read the first book. I was in 8th grade when the books started to gain some popularity and my English teacher gave it to us as a reading assignment. 

Oh boy was it a chore to get through. Saw they were making it a movie and I said no fucking thank you. Not with that source material. So I passed on the movies and the rest of the books. After watching the movies though....literally took an empty story and made movies out of them. Movies that would make billions of dollars. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. 

Edited by Nova

29 minutes ago, Nova said:

I love the Twilight books and I absolutely love the movies as well. It's good to see another guy say that they actually enjoyed the movies.

• Like 3