WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

4 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I admit i didnt think this could go under 80M OW.

Maybe  - without joking - it actually is a bit of superhero fatigue at play? I mean, everyone in the US saw BP and IW and everyone is seeing I2 at the moment - and all of those 3 movies had special things going for them (BP: First big SH with practically an all-black cast / IW: Beeing Infinity War, the culmination of 18 prior movies / Incredibles 2: FINALLY the pixar sequel everyone wanted).

Ant-Man 2 kinda feels not important in comparison.

It's not superhero fatigue per say. It's just that compared to a God of Thunder, a Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist wearing various robotic suits, THE RULER OF A KINGDOM, a talking raccoon with guns and explosives, and so on, a hero that shrinks and grows big and talks to ants is.......lowkey.

Edited by Yandereprime101189
  • Like 1

Hold up, wait a minute.  76?  What happen?  When I logged on Friday night, the Preview number was looking pretty good.  Friday was pretty solid too but I guess a pretty muted Sat.   Jurassic and Incredibles are still pulling some families man.   I mean the original did 57 OW 3 years ago coming off "Ultron".  So adjusted, 76 isn't that much of an increase so maybe not much of a "IW" bump here.   Ant-Man isn't the most "Popular" character obviously so I do take that into consideration looking at the numbers.  But I guess again That Sat hold may have been affected by competition, it basically stayed flat minus previews. Also Congrats to "Jurassic" for crossing 1 Billion with ease.  1.6 is out of the question so JW is safe but could it take down "Last Jedi" or "BP" Globally at 1.3?

Edited by filmscholar

6 minutes ago, REC said:

I dont see what the issue is, ant man 2 is making more than the first one, and that wasn't a bomb.  It's merely a small profit for the MCU instead of a big one.  And unlike Solo this movie will be profitable.

Did anybody really expect this movie to set the world on fire?  As long as it makes more than the first one, it's a win.

All that said I was a bit shocked to see how empty my theater was on Sat @ 7pm showing this movie.  Tons of empty seats... so eh?

Yeah, but you need to remember that  legs will not be as good as in the original movie

Edited by Lucasmessi12
  • Disbelief 1

At the risk of fanboy warfare, 

Spoiler

Aside from TTG can Ant Man and The Wasp be the lowest grossing superhero movie domestically this year?

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

Ant-Man coming after Infinity War, didn't help the movie at all.

Movie is fun and funny, BUT you have to adjust your expectations. If people are expecting the movie to adress what happened in Infinity War, then they'll get a huge wake-up call.  Other than the post credit scene, the whole movie is very stand alone in that regard.

Marvel loves connecting their movies. People also love how everything is connected. After huge events like Infinity War, stakes are very high and movies like Ant-Man will probably have less impact if compared to what Thanos did.

That being said, I'm sure this movie will have good legs though the 3x multiplier from the first Ant-Man is not locked. 

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Yandereprime101189 said:

It's not superhero fatigue per say. It's just that compared to a God of Thunder, a Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist wearing various robotic suits, THE RULER OF A KINGDOM, a talking raccoon with guns and explosives, and so on, a hero that shrinks and grows big and talks to ants is.......lowkey.

Maybe fatigue per se is the wrong word. Lets call it oversaturation. And im with you obviously, Ant-Man 2 feels like a non-event compared to BP and IW.

Great start for AMATW in OS markets. Locks up atleast 450M and may even do ~500 depending on China. So-so start in US-CAN but Summer weekdays will definitely help just like they helped first Ant Man and SMH . Expecting 2.7-2.8 Multiplier for ~210M DOM finish.

• Like 6

Michael Pena = Box Office Poison?

First, Ninjago, then Pony, then 12 Strong and Wrinkle and now this.

Spoiler

Don’t @ me. Issa joke. Though I still am hurting inside about Ninjago.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, thelich343 said:

This is not looking good for over/Deadpool 

It never had a chance to reach 300.

• Like 1