CaptainJackSparrow

The Lion King OS Thread

5 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Just $139mn on Saturday and Sunday OS-China?

Even if it had followed S+S / F ratio of Far from Home, it will be 170mn. 

Maybe I am wrong but 269.4-111m = 158.4 and that would be something like 85m Saturday and 73.4m Sunday, lets hope they have the Saturday more mourned 90-95m and totally fucked up that Sunday.

I had a feeling that Saturday and Sunday won't be as good as you thought. Especially considering that in some markets that opened big the trend was downward and increases in Germany didn't match internationals as well, despite Friday and Saturday definitely being above opening Wednesday. I hope they under predicted Sunday, which could turn out good in Germany, but I am not certain about that, really want to know what their breakdown is, if they have Germany around 11-11.5 than it could increase by a million in Germany alone, unless tickets were really cheap on the weekend and if they have it above 12m it won't increase.

(What I mean about the later is, that Germany was 210k, 175k, 215k, 275k, if some theatres are anything to go by Sunday could be all the way up to 325k, but on the other hand more logical would be a 225k Sunday for a TFSS of 890k (WTFSS 1.1M) the other would be TFSS of 990k (WTFSS 1.2M) with ER and ATP=€9.75 that would mean €10.725m-11.7m (WTFSS) ≈ $12m-13.2m. I would calculate with the lower number for sure.

1 minute ago, Taruseth said:

Maybe I am wrong but 269.4-111m = 158.4

Its 249mn weekend. 269 includes 20 from China.

It was 111mn OS-C till Friday with 57mn Friday. At worse it should have been 90 Sat and 77 Sun for 278. I expected 290.

Now what is possible is that Friday wasn't 57 but lower and Disney updated its Total till Thursday.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

So about $250m when you take out China. Hmm....

Seems the O/S target should be $750m - China and if it goes over that then cool. 

if that weekends stands, and i doubt it, i think 750-825 without china. so with japan , etch and china we are looking at 950-1,1

1 minute ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Yep. 750-800 + 100mn Japan, Italy and Hong Kong.

Just now, john2000 said:

if that weekends stands, and i doubt it, i think 750-825 without china. so with japan , etch and china we are looking at 950-1,1

Forgot about those other markets. So $750m + $100m + $120m + $575m = $1.545b

7th biggest film all-time. No lower than 9th (below FF7). Might make it to 6th if the legs are good. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Charlie Jatinder said:

Its 249mn weekend. 269 includes 20 from China.

It was 111mn OS-C till Friday with 57mn Friday. At worse it should have been 90 Sat and 77 Sun for 278. I expected 290.

Now what is possible is that Friday wasn't 57 but lower and Disney updated its Total till Thursday.

That's really not good at all.

5 minutes ago, john2000 said:

why ?

I meant the increases were bad if @Charlie Jatinder is correct about other movies. Obviously a 250m international OWend is good, but certainly could have gone higher and I really hope that they need to adjust it up with actuals by quite a lot, like 5-10m up.

Als this means OS-Total (OWend this Wend only) with 2.8x would be 700m (+200m in Ch+Jp+I+HK) = 900m, though it obviously could perform better everywhere and a 3.2x would take it to 800m (+210 in the rest) would mean 1010m OS.