That One Girl

Midsommar | July 3, 2019 | Florence Pugh, Jack Reynor, Will Poulter | A24 | Ari Aster (Hereditary) directing

Out and on my laptop. I want to wait to watch the trailer on my TV so I can catch every little detail. So pumped! I love movies that legitimately succeed in unnerving me and Hereditary did just that. I'm hoping some films move from that August 9th date so this has more room to breathe.

Just now, Blaze Heatnix said:

Is this getting a wide release?

Oh yeah. A24 has one of these wide horror releases every year now since 2016, starting with The Witch

2017: It Comes At Night

2018: Hereditary

2019: Midsommar

• Like 1

apparently the letterboxed white bars in the trailers are going to be a stylistic choice in the movie too. hmm. i feel like my cinema is gonna fuck this up and the black bars are still gonna be there framing the white bars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

Oh yeah. A24 has one of these wide horror releases every year now since 2016, starting with The Witch

2017: It Comes At Night

2018: Hereditary

2019: Midsommar

This year they have two potentially, if The Lighthouse ends up being more horror than fantasy. 

Yeah I think this will definitely be just as if not more divisive than Hereditary. It's so disturbing even the script hasn't left my head so I can see a lot of walkouts when the film is released.  Sadly I don't think it'll be as successful for A24 as Hereditary was. 

1 minute ago, Fanboy said:

Yeah I think this will definitely be just as if not more divisive than Hereditary. It's so disturbing even the script hasn't left my head so I can see a lot of walkouts when the film is released.  Sadly I don't think it'll be as successful for A24 as Hereditary was. 

Yeah, this one seems to be pushing the envelope way too far, I guess.

Hereditary looks like a PG-13 movie if compared to what I just read about this one.

• Like 1