Seto Kaiba

Lilo & Stitch | Live-action | Dean Fleischer-Camp (Marcel the Shell) directs

1 hour ago, CoolEric258 said:

Calling it now: Auli’i Cravalho will play Nani.

she is too young for the role but yeah. one of Disney's best discoveries since the 1990s - when she was singing at the Oscars I was like "Holy shit"

Get Jon Farveau directs this, Aubrey Anderson-Emmons and Andy Serkis as the titular duo and one of theses guys in somehow (Dave Bautista, Martin Freeman, Cate Blanchett, or Idris Elba). And I’d be a psychic.

22 hours ago, Morieris said:

Aren't they making a live action version of the books The Sword in the Stone was based off of?

I'm reaching, yeah. 

Actually they already did.....

"Camelot" was based on "The Once And Future King"  by T.H. White the same novel that "Sword in the Stone" was taken from.

The first part of the novel called "The Sword In the Stone" was published separately as a short novel. It's success caused White to turn it into a much longer novel covering the whole reign of Arthur. The producers of "Camelot " bought the stage and screen rights to the longer novel;but Disney got the  rights to the  original short novel.

21 hours ago, Deja23 said:

Hmmm...I liked Lilo and Stitch, but am not necessarily interested in this. Unless Taika Waititi gets attached to it. But I’d rather he not. 

It might be a bit too soon for a remake;the original still holds up beautifully.

That is what worries me, the space between a remake and the original is getting shorter and shorter.

Orignally 25 years was considered the minimum, now it's down to around 15.

Edited by dudalb

On 10/3/2018 at 7:55 PM, Seto Kaiba said:

"Lilo & Stitch, the 2002 animated movie from Walt Disney Feature Animation, is getting the live-action treatment, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. 

The studio has hired up-and-comer Mike Van Waes to pen the script for the remake that will be produced by Dan Lin and Jonathan Eirich of Rideback. The two are already known in the Disney halls as they working on the high-profile live-action remake of Aladdin.

It is unclear whether the feature project, which is intended to be a live-action/CG hybrid, is intended for theatrical release or for Disney's streaming service that launches in 2019.

Rideback’s Ryan Halprin is co-producing.

Van Waes is better known in Hollywood circles as a writer of horror fare. He wrote The Crooked Man, based on a character from New Line’s The Conjuring 2 and that is being developed as a Conjuring Universe spinoff. He also wrote Not in Kansas, a Wizard of Oz-themed horror project also set up at New Line."

More Disney = More goodness!

I'M IN! :shades:

On 10/4/2018 at 9:46 PM, dudalb said:

It might be a bit too soon for a remake;the original still holds up beautifully.

That is what worries me, the space between a remake and the original is getting shorter and shorter.

Orignally 25 years was considered the minimum, now it's down to around 15.

Can't wait for Frozen live-action in 2022-2023 😛

Once Upon A Time did pretty well with it by the way :)

I rewatched the original recently and found it surprisingly depressing and kinda hard to watch. It's a good movie and beautifully designed and animated but it feels like the entire movie is just progressively worse shit happening to the family and the younger girl making her big sister's life hell. I don't consider it a very "fun" movie at all for how vibrant and colorful it is.

Surprised that this is going to Disney+ but Bambi isn't also when this would probably have more box office potential. Although I guess the latter would have better chances at merchandise sales, more than the other live-action remakes that are heading to theaters given that it's gonna feature animals exclusively (the others - Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Snow White - will be sold more on the concept of famous stars in live-action versions of your favorite Disney movies).

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

Surprised that this is going to Disney+ but Bambi isn't also when this would probably have more box office potential. Although I guess the latter would have better chances at merchandise sales, more than the other live-action remakes that are heading to theaters given that it's gonna feature animals exclusively (the others - Peter Pan, Pinocchio, Snow White - will be sold more on the concept of famous stars in live-action versions of your favorite Disney movies).

Bambi has more merchandise potential than Stitch?