Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

6 hours ago, TwoMisfits said:

That movie was buoyed by enormous legs by (mostly Caucasian) girls 12-25 - that's probably not the demo for this movie.

I mean, supers tend to skew reasonably to heavily male (Wonder Woman being one of the only exceptions).  Will men want the uber-sad movie?  And will they rewatch like those Titanic viewers would?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how-many-people-havent-seen-titanic/#:~:text=About 90 percent of women,cultural phenomenon all their lives.

"About 90 percent of women aged 18 to 29 and 30 to 44 had seen the film, the highest viewership rate among all groups. They’d have been in their early 20s or younger when the film was in cinemas, and most of the former group had grown up with “Titanic” as a cultural phenomenon all their lives.

On the other end, only about 3 in 4 men age 60 and higher said they had seen it, making them the least likely group. (These guys would have been in their 40s and up when “Titanic” was released, and about two-thirds of the ones who have seen the film said they saw it in theaters.)"

3 out of 4 men still outperforms the vast majority of movies by a massive amount. 😂

This poll also misses out on the old people who would have died in the intervening 20 years, TITANIC being far more popular with senor citizens than the vast majority of movies.

Not sure what being Caucasian has to do with anything. TITANIC was popular the world over. Japan well known for their Caucasian population.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, poweranimals said:

Her voice is like nails on a chalk board. 😳

The only people who are to blame for her insistent chatter invading these forums are the people who consider her any valid voice in the first place.  As I've mentioned before, I can find no real "credentials" that she comes from to justify why anyone would consider her a listenable critical voice for these genre films.  She worked in comic books a bit...so what?  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 3

I wish the Oscar chatter would stop from some critics. This is how you inflate expectations for good movies and people will cone out calling them overrated a week later.

Just call it a really good movie abd move on. Throwing oscar or best of in the mix will cause people to turn on it

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, BadOlCatSylvester said:

Nate Moore, one of Feige's liutenants and his right hand man for this movie, just deconfirmed one of the biggest rumours surrounding this movie this year. I'll spoiler tag the interview just in case:

Reveal hidden contents

This rumour was started by some people to hype F4 as they were expecting F4 cast reveal this year.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jeight said:

I wish the Oscar chatter would stop from some critics. This is how you inflate expectations for good movies and people will cone out calling them overrated a week later.

Just call it a really good movie abd move on. Throwing oscar or best of in the mix will cause people to turn on it

Anne Thompson is not a $5.00 YouTube critic that started within the last 5 or 10 years, like most of these "first reactions" Tweeters you see.  She's worked in and written about the film business since the 1980s...so if she's saying it, there's some real possibility there.  

Edited by Macleod
  • Like 6

34 minutes ago, Macleod said:

Anne Thompson is not a $5.00 YouTube critic that started within the last 5 or 10 years, like most of these "first reactions" Tweeters you see.  She's worked in and written about the film business since the 1980s...so if she's saying it, there's some real possibility there.  

Of a nomination or win? Nomination might happen but I think it'd take some major delusion to think it'd have a shot at winning best picture. Not to take a jab on the film, which I obviously haven't seen, but the academy hasn't seen this kind of pic as a serious oscar player in ages.

Edited by JustLurking
  • Sad 1

When was the last time a sequel got a first pic nomination after the first movie also did? I don't recall any instance. 

The Academy won't give wf a best pic mom even if it's better than the first.  It's unrealistic for the film to capture the impact of the first film and the Academy is always swayed by cultural impact as well as quality. 

Wf won't get a best pic nom

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jeight said:

When was the last time a sequel got a first pic nomination after the first movie also did? I don't recall any instance.

Lord of the Rings? The Godfather?

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JustLurking said:

Of a nomination or win? Nomination might happen but I think it'd take some major delusion to think it'd have a shot at winning best picture. Not to take a jab on the film, which I obviously haven't seen, but the academy hasn't seen this kind of pic as a serious oscar player in ages.

Did you even read the headline? The whole premise is a comparison to the first film's Oscar nominations. 

If you listen, it's not about the film winning best picture but about which nomination slots it could potentially land. The only ones they think it has a good shot of winning are the 3 that the first movie won: Score, Costume Design, and Production Design.  

Edited by Menor Reborn
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Did you even read the headline? The whole premise is a comparison to the first film's Oscar nominations. 

If you listen, it's not about the film winning best picture but about which nomination slots it could potentially land. The only ones they think it has a good shot of winning are the 3 that the first movie won: Score, Costume Design, and Production Design.  

I see, my bad. I agree then, if the film is well received it could land all 3, BP nom is a bit of an up in the air but it might happen.

Edited by JustLurking