WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

Trailer looked ass. Just because one of your main characters is black, it doesn’t mean you put a rap song in your trailer. That racist shit is so overdone in Hollywood.

1 hour ago, ThomasNicole said:

+40M views on Twitter 

12M on YouTube

There is interest in this, even if the trailer reception is divisive on YouTube 

As i said Yesterday i don't think it's very divisive. It's Just people complain anyways at the idea of the movie. Doesn't say nothing about the interest of the sentiment of the real mass.

21 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

Trailer looked ass. Just because one of your main characters is black, it doesn’t mean you put a rap song in your trailer. That racist shit is so overdone in Hollywood.

King of rap aint even black

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, eddyxx said:

Mhhh you're assuming a little bit too much 🤔. The use of rap music It's very common nowadays on action trailes or video games trailers (like rock was years ago and still kinda is) cause It's the most popular genre upon young men so they used that for that reason. Like the trailer of It ends with us or Where the crawdads sing got a Taylor Swift song cause you have to make women interested.

To assume a rap Song is there cause denzel is One of the actors Sorry but It's really a massive reach 

Edited by vale9001

1 minute ago, vale9001 said:

The fact a rap Song it's there cause denzel It's One of the actors Sorry but It's really a massive reach 

Tbf, they did the same with Tenet 🤣

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

As i said Yesterday i don't think it's very divisive. It's Just people complain anyways at the idea of the movie. Doesn't say nothing about the interest of the sentiment of the real mass.

Yeah most likely. On the other hand that's what  people were saying about Furiosa and it's trailers. Just people complaining, does not mean much, will be fine in the end. And then it bombed despite getting pretty good reviews even if not as good as Fury Road.  Gladiator as has been pointed out has much more GA appeal than the Mad Max franchise ever did though. 

@AniNate Some people here might have stock in Paramount or something giving them a financial incentive in it doing well.  (I honestly have no idea what my stocks are in for, and that is most certainly for the best due to my character faults).

If I hear a movie has a huge budget due to terrible fights in production I am less likely to see it, but that is not the case here.  It is why I did not see Fan4stic, and I was able to talk my 3 siblings out of seeing it.

@vale9001  This is due to many historians and hobbyists being snobs.  They will take vulgar speeches and translate them to be very professional.  This makes us miss just how emotional these Roman giants actually were.

4 hours ago, Jaxon5 said:

Your credibility after this comment.

lifting-glass-and-jumping-out-window-nyv

Seriously though, no-one can deny how iconic and qutotable Gladiator became and still is to this today,  hence all this discussion. It's so iconic it's actually created a few new members joining just to put it down. That's power

I made my account nine years before you made yours, but I actually have things going on in reality. You oughta use that as inspiration. Nevertheless, this is the bust that is going to engender mass psychosis amongst posters on here. It is going to be 100x worse than Furiosa 

2 hours ago, eddyxx said:

much much much better

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jaxon5 said:

Im guessing he misworded his statement. I think he just as no sympathy for flops with out of hand budgets.

People really have it out for Ridley at the moment though. 

That's exactly what I mean. 

My bad for the misworded statement.

Btw It's a shame Wicked is not a project involves some acclaimed director or some a-list actor cause that and this movie on the same day would have been the most similar thing to barbenheimer since then.

But like this they will have a very different audience. 

Edited by vale9001