WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

I can't believe they just straight up spoiled that Lucius is Maximus' son. And that Connie Nielsen knows that Paul Mescal is Lucius.

The movie looks awesome. But fuck, I wish Ridley shot this on film. This looks SO overly digital and that naturally makes the lackluster CGI standout even more.

15 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

I'm confused. Lucius' father is not Maximus, right? Or I missed something in G1?

It's very strongly implied in the first film that Maximus and Lucilla (Connie Nielsen's character) had a relationship many years prior. And can also be inferred that Maximus is Lucius' dad

I'm just surprised they revealed that in the trailer

Now this is a much better trailer than the 1st. But...I gotta say I'm shocked they're not using nostalgia to sell these trailers to a new level.

I'm just shocked that we have 2 trailers now and none of them featuring either "Now We Are Free" or "Honor Him" remixed or mixed into it. I find it insane that this card has not been played and probably won't. Big missed opportunities imo. 

You have a +300M movie here. Sell it

Edited by justnumbers
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, justnumbers said:

Now this is a much better trailer than the 1st. But...I gotta say I'm shocked they're not using nostalgia to sell these trailers to a new level.

I'm just shocked that we have 2 trailers now and none of them featuring either "Now We Are Free" or "Honor Him" remixed or mixed into it. I find it insane that this card has not been played and probably won't. Big missed opportunities imo. 

You have a +300M movie here. Sell it

The entire promo campaign of this movie is handled by an incompetent team, even posters look amateurish.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Firepower said:

The entire promo campaign of this movie is handled by an incompetent team, even posters look amateurish.

Yeah honestly they just need to target Football season advertising really hard. It seems like the Thunderbolts trailer and poster has stolen all the thunder (pun) today from Gladiator. Which makes sense. 1st looks at Thunderbolts, 2nd trailer to Gladiator (which had a mixed-to-negative reception bc of the rap song). But just kind of a shame, feels like a dropped ball considering how much better this trailer is.

Paramount needs to make sure that this trailer is attached to like every screening of Joker 2 lol

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pinacolada said:

I can't believe they just straight up spoiled that Lucius is Maximus' son. And that Connie Nielsen knows that Paul Mescal is Lucius.

The movie looks awesome. But fuck, I wish Ridley shot this on film. This looks SO overly digital and that naturally makes the lackluster CGI standout even more.

I think that Maximuses's son was a major charecter was  mentioned in a couple of the early press releases. so it is not like it was a big secret.

Looks as though we will get two naval battles a real one and one in the flooded Arena.

Edited by dudalb