Eric Loves Rey

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

Just now, SpiderByte said:

I'm less bullish on this than some people. Not that it'll do bad, certainly more than the first one, but until actual numbers come in idk where people are getting some of their guesses from considering.

It'll do well, but won't be a MAJOR jump from the first one. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SpiderByte said:

I'm less bullish on this than some people. Not that it'll do bad, certainly more than the first one, but until actual numbers come in idk where people are getting some of their guesses from considering.

Community and family thoughts...just like with Mario, when folks tell me they've got Spidey on their must see list, and they don't see a lot of movies, that moves my gut thoughts way higher on the movie...

I was a little disappointed my Cinemarks gave it close to Little Mermaid presale sets, and not close to Mario presale sets, but then I reminded myself they always underset Spidey (they were WOEFULLY low on NWH)...

7 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

Community and family thoughts...just like with Mario, when folks tell me they've got Spidey on their must see list, and they don't see a lot of movies, that moves my gut thoughts way higher on the movie...

I'd be more convinced if the first movie had done like 500 WW, but even with early projections of an 85 OW I still think it has a ceiling at maybe 600-650 WW

16 minutes ago, SpiderByte said:

I'd be more convinced if the first movie had done like 500 WW, but even with early projections of an 85 OW I still think it has a ceiling at maybe 600-650 WW

Tbh with presales so far outpacing Guardians 3 and Mario and our trackers indicating 100m is the floor, I’m getting much more optimistic. It seems more and more likely it’s pulling a Shrek 2/Matrix 2.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YM! said:

Tbh with presales so far outpacing Guardians 3 and Mario and our trackers indicating 100m is the floor, I’m getting much more optimistic. It seems more and more likely it’s pulling a Shrek 2/Matrix 2.

Best case scenario it pulls an Incredibles 2 level increase for a finish in the $400 million range.

On 5/8/2023 at 5:49 AM, SpiderByte said:

I think it will do roughtly what the first one did.

29 minutes ago, dudalb said:

I think it will do roughtly what the first one did.

Good luck with that. The first one opened to 35 million. The his is already tracking to 90+ opening and that was before the huge pre sales started yesterday. This will problem make more in the first two weeks than  The first one entire run. 

Edited by PrinceRico

I'm hoping for 300M+ DOM. First opened lower but didn't have the competition this one will have with Fast X, Little Mermaid, Transformers, Elemental and Flash all opening within two weeks of its OW DOM. This will have some summer days but the first absolutely feasted on the 12 Days of Box Office holiday season the December it released. Right now, I'm thinking just over/under 300M DOM.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer
  • Like 1