Eric Loves Rey

Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse l June 2 2023 | Animators deserve better

1 minute ago, TwoMisfits said:

Sure - just add a 1 in front:)...almost not kidding:)...

A long time ago I pulled some very simple correlation analysis that found if you hold OW's constant, legs on bigger OW average about 20% better in December so I've generally bumped OWs up/down by 20% as an ad hoc december legs adjustment. 

Just now, WittyUsername said:

Early estimates tend to lowball these movies. 

They do but there's also times where they're on the money. We'll just have to see how it shapes up. Tracking in the tracking thread has a pretty big range right now for it.

On 5/11/2023 at 11:01 PM, SpiderByte said:

Yeah this summers much more competitive so it'll probably a bit more front loaded as a result.

Early tracking is incredibly depressing for Transformers (even worse than I suspected), so SV2 may not be as frontloaded. Reminder that Wonder Woman in 2017 was in the exact same spot in a crowded June but then went on to wallop the asses of the films that released in the weeks after.

38 minutes ago, Melosh said:

I don’t wanna jinx it,but there’s a possibility that this could get a pg-13,being that they didn’t announce the rating yet.       

Doubtful. If the first got a PG, I don't see why this wouldn't. 

Been chatting with the managers at my old theatre. Yup, this is going to be BIG, and theaters are expecting it to be. Between this, Mermaid, and Flash opening back to back to back, this is basically May 2007 all over again. But this time, it seems like the movies themselves will deliver quality wise.