WrathOfHan

The French Dispatch | Wes Anderson | October 22, 2021 | The Most Wes Anderson Movie to Exist?

https://www.indiewire.com/2018/12/wes-anderson-the-french-dispatch-france-casting-1202024587/

As the animated “Isle of Dogs” heads toward an Oscar nomination, Wes Anderson’s next live-action movie started shooting a week ago under wraps in Southwestern France (Angoulême), where local French papers have reported various sightings. (While Anderson lives in Paris, this marks his first film set in the City of Lights.)

Contrary to prior reports, the movie, his tenth, is not a musical. According to one source close to the production, “The French Dispatch” is a love letter to journalists set at an outpost of an American newspaper in 20th-century Paris and centers on three storylines. As usual the movie features a mighty ensemble including regulars Bill Murray, Frances McDormand, and Tilda Swinton (who currently stars in “Suspiria”) plus newcomers Benicio del Toro, Jeffrey Wright, and Oscar contender Timothée Chalamet (“Beautiful Boy”).

While these cast members are real, Brad Pitt, Natalie Portman, and Léa Seydoux remain in the rumored category — although Portman did star in his short “Hotel Chevalier,” Seydoux appeared in “The Grand Budapest Hotel,” and Pitt channeled M. Hulot in the SoftBank commercial below. So you never know.

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Knock It Off 1

On 1/18/2019 at 1:13 PM, TMP said:

This sounds like the whitest movie ever

So, a Wes Anderson movie. 

Actually it's surprisingly less white (Wright, Del Toro) and male (McDorman, Seydioux, Ronan, Winslet) than is usual for him.   Maybe he'll make it through a movie without killing a dog too. B)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Ah, Wes Anderson is making his movie again. 

Hide contents

Yes, that's a tad harsh. I'm just annoyed that I'm condemned with an inability to enjoy his work. People who do seem to get a lot out of it. 

I've never really enjoyed Anderson's films during my first watch tbh (except for Isle of Dogs). The ones I have rewatched, The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou, Fantastic Mr. Fox, and The Grand Budapest Hotel worked so much better upon rewatch. I espescially appreciated both of Steve Zissou and Budapest's more melancholic and emotional moments a lot more the second time and Fantastic Mr Fox has easily become my favourite Anderson film (and one of my favourite animated films).

And I just remembered that I need to rewatch Moonrise Kingdom and The Royal Tenenbaums (had the same problem with both these films). 

Edited by lorddemaxus

9 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Ah, Wes Anderson is making his movie again. 

Hide contents

Yes, that's a tad harsh. I'm just annoyed that I'm condemned with an inability to enjoy his work. People who do seem to get a lot out of it. 

i have that same feeling. I thought grand Budapest hotel was somewhat enjoyable but absolutely hated isle of dogs and fell asleep during it. Still will give this movie a chance because of Timmy and tilda and the rest of the cast