AdamKendall

Weekend Thread 12/28-12/30 AQM 51.5 MPR 28 BB 20.5 ITSV 18.3

4 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

I liked it for you. :)

... and in regards to DC brand films ... sure they've had Superman & Batman, but they had neglected everyone else for so long ... and when they would choose others, it was some random characters in awful films.  Now they're seeing that if they present them in a way that's interesting to the general public, they'll actually go see them.

Marvel has definitely proven that unknown characters can breakout. I’m glad DC has taken notice. 

Warner wouldn’t make a Green Lantern movie in the 90s, but they would make Steel. Blech.

• Like 1

Actually I find marry poppin 2nd weekend increase is even more impressive than TGS and Jumanji last year when you consider that the fact that 24Dec, the weakest day in the holiday season fall on the TGS and Jumanji opening weekend, thereby deflating their opening weekend and lifting their 2nd weekend gross higher due to the lower base comparison.  

24 Dec fall on Monday this year, therefore posted no extra deflating impact to marry poppin's opening.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Christmas total TO Final Dom tally of various movies sharing the same wide release date over the last 2 decade

Till Xmas/Final     Xmas TO Final multi

21/2001 jimmy nuetron    18.5/81     4.36x
21/2005 Dick and Jane      22/110.3    5x
21/2007 Nic Cage             65.4/220    3.36x

21/2011 Tintin                  17.7/77.6    4.38x
21/2011 MI 4                    62/209.4    3.37x
21/2011 Dragon Tattoo    21.1/102.5    4.85x

21/2012 Jack Reacher       23/80        3.47x
21/2012 This is 40            17.46/67.54    3.86x

21/2016 sing         55.8/270.4      4.84x
21/2016 Passengers    22/100      4.54x
21/2016 Assassin Creed    17.7/54.6     3.08x

21/2018 Aquaman        105/???        ?.??x

So for a sub 300 dom finish like 275-300 AQM has to plunge historically among these entries for meager 2.6-2.7x of its Xmas total.

As for some movies who got wide on 20th Dec..

Till Xmas/Final     Xmas TO Final multi

20/2017 2mamji               72/404.5    5.6x
20/2017    Showman        19/174.3    9x
20/2013 American Hustle 34/150        4.4x
20/2013 Mr Banks            19/83.3        4.38x
20/2006 Rocky 6               26.6/70.2    2.63x
20/2002 Gangs of NY       15.6/77.8    5x

The lowest multi and what most guys here are suggesting the total to be i.e 263m (sans dat 4.7 prev) - 276m lines nicely with Rocky 6.

So it really has to perform downhill after Xmas to not get over 300 Dom 

Damn with the hold its showing in 2nd frame suggest a multi more in line with National Treasure rather than Rocky 6.

Also for guys who were panicking after MPR first wknd.

3 hours ago, El Gato said:

Well can you blame us? We had to endure watching characters we grew up loving, being butchered on the big screen, while the competition and it's fanbase got a lovely, well built cinematic universe. 

I'm glad it seems like DC is on the right path, because they have a ton of characters with loads of potential waiting to be realized. Also for those asking for more diversity on the big screen, DC has that in spades! 

That in itself sounds not hateful against others.

You can be annoyed about s situations without attacking something not related to why you are annoyed (generally speaking, not you as ... you)

So.... not sure why this is the answer about critic for posts that do attack the uninvolved. I hope that makes sense

3 hours ago, Johnny Tran said:

@terrestrial Yes, I am a native and I also have a degree so whatever it is that you think you saw,  keep searching. 

I 'searched' for an explanation, as I missed the detail you reacted too. And as I try to better my language skills....

If 2 people speak to each other and both being non-natives, the possibility is high they speak not about the same in the small details.

But if a native speaker points out something, he / she usually has a better feeling for the finer details of the language, I thought it was something like that. But as it was around 3 in the morning I think...  see the detail I missed.

Found the answer per reactions of others

2 hours ago, El Gato said:

What are these great movies you speak of? Until Aquaman and Wonder Woman, we only had TDKT. Sorry but DC's potential was being squandered until very recently. So like I said, we had a reason to be angry. Once we get more solid films, and movies outside Batman/Superman, you'll see the mentality change. 

Ehh I don't really care honestly, because I only go to the movies to see superhero films (and other franchises if WOM is good). 

I feel like you separate yourself a bit from good DC based films of the past by adding the 'outside Batman/Superman' detail.

To wish for more I can understand, to be angry for not getting more fast enough... not so much

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

Superman

Superman II

Batman

Batman Returns

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm

Batman Begins

TDK

That one I had to look up - again. You like to send me to IMDb, don't you 😉 Missed that one as I do not watch animated

1 hour ago, TMP said:

I keep trying to like this but keep getting hit with "Sorry, you cannot add any more reactions today."

Support the forum, enjoy the 'nearly' endless possibilities of giving likes and more 😉

(1 or 2 years or so back I did run out of likes with a gold account for a couple of times, that was always a good reminder to try again to finally get to sleep. I try to give likes for all posts providing any new number, someone who provided number comparisons,... no matter if I am interested into a film or not =  the gold account seems to offer a really nice amount of likes)

2 hours ago, El Gato said:

What are these great movies you speak of? Until Aquaman and Wonder Woman, we only had TDKT. Sorry but DC's potential was being squandered until very recently. So like I said, we had a reason to be angry. Once we get more solid films, and movies outside Batman/Superman, you'll see the mentality change. 

Ehh I don't really care honestly, because I only go to the movies to see superhero films (and other franchises if WOM is good). 

The only great film after Nolan trilogy will be Joker. Im sure about that, this stand alone have an enormous potential

2 hours ago, TMP said:

HOT TAKE: TDKR is a great movie 🙈🙈🙈

Also Hardy's Bane was the only decent funnybook movie villain until... Killmonger? Unless Trevor Slattery counts I guess

edit: nvm, Keaton's vulture was quite good. 

TDKR is one of my favourite SH movie, and i love Bane.

Zod,Zemo and Ego was good villain

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Netflix clarified that the 45m accounts viewing Bird Box watched at least 70% of the film, including credits.

Just for the people yesterday who thought clicking on the film and turning it off after 2 minutes was being counted. 

That and it doesn't count multiple views on one account apparently which is interesting (and worrying? I've been rewatching Everything Sucks ! nonstop thinking that it mattered (and I love the show) in showing Netflix that people are still watching the show. If it doesn't count, that's fucked up)

The Rock finally took the L on Baywatch. 

Received his Razzie in the mail for Baywatch and posted: 

“a movie so rotten and shitty that people love it. I take full responsibility for that shit film so punch me right in the kisser for it”

After all those Instagram videos trying to make its box office seem remotely good, lol. 

I actually really like The Rock these days, but not so much the films he chooses. Skyscraper was fine, Rampage is on my worst of the whole year list.