Seto Kaiba

Mission: Impossible - Dead Reckoning Part 2 (Title pending) | May 23, 2025 | Christopher McQuarrie to direct

3 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Simon Pegg said on his Instagram stories that he has three more weeks to film. The budget of this movie must be insane. No wonder Par is selling

Yeah as much as I love these movies including  yes.DR Part 1 this is getting insane. The next movie will not make money even if it does improve on the performance. This should be the last movie so you can be happy about that.=)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Maggie said:

Simon Pegg said on his Instagram stories that he has three more weeks to film. The budget of this movie must be insane. No wonder Par is selling

they should consider themselves lucky if it makes as much as the last one

• Like 1
  • Knock It Off 1

On 3/28/2024 at 6:10 AM, Maggie said:

I don't know his mind, but i believe he speaks from a place of caring. Cruise has been doing too many action movies in the last 20 years. Time to try something else. He's capable of so much more. That's all this is about when people complain about too many MIs.

And, frankly, he is reaching the age where his body is not going to be able to do the stunts.  No, I don't thikn he does all of hiw own stunts..he does not do the really dangerous ones..but still he is reaching the age where being a action star is going to be problematic.

They could actuallly go back to the TV show and make the MI movies more about elaborate plots  and twists and suspense rather then action pieces, but the big action is what the film franchise is known for.

Ine reason I liked Rogue Nation so much is for the climax they went bakc to IMF trapping the villians in a clever trap rather then a bid action climax.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Yeah I know. It's shit like this that makes me wince while I defend this franchise.  They always manage to pull these movies out and make them good to great including  yes Dead Reckoning IMO but this is insane. At this point it's sunk cost. They have to move forward so no it will not get  canceled or shelved.

Edited by emoviefan
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Cruise just decided to rob Paramount before their inevitable demise, just like sir Ridley with Gladiator 2, they know very well nobody's gonna be punished when those flops come out because people who were responsible for greenlighting those will be long gone, driving off into the sunset with a bag full of cash.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

Regardless what Cruise says this will likely be the last installment in the series since Tom is getting too old and these movies are getting too expensive so you might as well go for broke with this one. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, emoviefan said:

Yeah I know. It's shit like this that makes me wince while I defend this franchise.  They always manage to pull these movies out and make them good to great including  yes Dead Reckoning IMO but this is insane. At this point it's sunk cost. They have to move forward so no it will not get  canceled or shelved.

It’s hard for any movie to break even once the budget gets north of $250 million, especially in this box office environment. 

If the budget has truly approached $400 million, it’s gonna likely be DOA in terms of breaking even on day 1 of its release. 

There’s an update on the article now….

UPDATE: A spokesperson for Paramount has reached out to explain that, while there is a submarine set (not an actual submarine), it's on a special effects rig which is fully functional and not in need of any repairs. As a result, the production remains on schedule.”

:hahaha:

• Like 1