filmlover

91st Academy Awards - Discussion thread - RACISM IS OVER, THANKS GREEN BOOK

24 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Anyway, I probably won't watch the Oscars tonight (I'm hanging out with some friends who aren't movie nerds), but I really hope Alfonso Cuaron doesn't win anything tonight.

This was a short film he made with Autism Speaks. The organization is notorious for dehumanizing autistic people and viewing the disability as if it's a disease, while this video promotes autism as this evil being that destroys families and steals your loved ones from you (even worse is that Cuaron's son is autistic. Sad to see his father thinks his disability is evil).

Y'all can be happy for a movie you like getting a trophy, but I ain't gonna be happy about seeing a man who thinks I destroy marriages for existing get rewarded.

inb4 JB or whoever comes in with a whole "WHY IS EVERYBODY ACTING SO PC"

Is that real?

For the most ppl who might not watch it complete that will be an extreme bad impression. And so on.

I usually have a problem with films/actors NOT nominated for the Oscars. I'm more mad about the snubbed films/actors. This year has been so weak that i'm only mad about Toni colette not getting in. The Black Panther nomination doesn't bother me in the sleightest

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

John C. Reilly should have a claim on every Oscar anyone wins for a music biopic.

they really need to make walk hard 2 because this new wave of musician biopics seem to be... worse than the walk the lines and rays of fifteen years ago.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Anyway, I probably won't watch the Oscars tonight (I'm hanging out with some friends who aren't movie nerds), but I really hope Alfonso Cuaron doesn't win anything tonight.

Y'all can be happy for a movie you like getting a trophy, but I ain't gonna be happy about seeing a man who thinks I destroy marriages for existing get rewarded.

Maybe he's talking from experience. I see he's divorced.  I wouldn't judge sommeone's experience with this disease. I believe it's indeed taking a toll on the family

• Knock It Off 1

I'm just looking forward to the opening Queen/Adam Lambert number and a bunch of Queen fans who weren't fans until BoRap came out a few months ago and aren't at all clued in to all of the film's production stories ponders why Rami Malek isn't up there with them.

• Haha 1

Just now, Jake Gittes said:

And I bet Jake Kasdan could use all that Jumanji clout to make it, too.

rather than folksy i guess dewey cox would have to be in some obnoxious 70s/80s dad rock band because that's who's trendy to make movies about rn. (hyped for the sanitized kurt cobain and chris cornell biopics we're gonna get in the next wave ten years from now)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

rather than folksy i guess dewey cox would have to be in some obnoxious 70s/80s dad rock band because that's who's trendy to make movies about rn. (hyped for the sanitized kurt cobain and chris cornell biopics we're gonna get in the next wave ten years from now)

The Kurt Cobain biopic will obviously end with MTV Unplugged and they can actually use “Kurt died 3 minutes after this performance”

• Like 1

They should do a movie mixing the story of the 4 giant of the Seatle scene, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains & Soundgarden, all of their singers killed themselves except Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam who replaced the singer who overdosed  from their previous band.

Crowd pleaser for the whole family.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Slambros said:

If The Incredibles 2 manages to beat Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse, it will intensify my desire to boycott Captain Marvel. We all know Spider-Verse wins if members vote objectively. If Disney wants to hog all the prestige for itself, then I shall not stand for such tyranny.

Ah, yes...people in Western societies talking about tyranny. I love it.

4 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

They should do a movie mixing the story of the 4 giant of the Seatle scene, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains & Soundgarden, all of their singers killed themselves except Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam who replaced the singer who overdosed  from their previous band.

Crowd pleaser for the whole family.

And Bradley cooper will play all of them Strangelove style 

• Like 1