filmlover

91st Academy Awards - Discussion thread - RACISM IS OVER, THANKS GREEN BOOK

1 minute ago, narniadis said:

Yup, but I really liked TKS so probably not the right one to agree with ya 😂

To be honest, I really liked it as someone who related to it because of stuttering issues that I've had throughout my life. So I also prefer The King's Speech genuinely.

• Like 2

Just now, The Panda said:

Lol of course the Oscars where the two biggest winners were Green Book and BoHo are your favorite

BR is trash overall, but it deserved the sound awards. It didn't deserve Editing, but considering the live aid scene is fantastic editing work, and that's the scene that got shown to the Academy, it makes sense why it won it. Other than that, no complaints with the winners tonight. Usually I'm full of complaints lol. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wrath said:

Right, but, if you read the article, probably not all.

In a nutshell, Trump saying thousands of Muslims dancing in the streets and cheering after 9/11 was an outright lie. But someone saying they saw a news story about some Muslims cheering could well be factually correct rather than an obvious sign of racism. Do you see the difference?

All I know is that Mr. Vallelonga probably shouldn’t have said that Trump was right about how thousands of Muslims were cheering for 9/11. 

34 minutes ago, Nova said:

Spike Lee is all of us 

I dunno, depending on the day, I'd argue that Klansman was a better movie than Green Book. But does anyone remember Halle Berry's Razzie acceptance speech? To be a good winner you also have to be a good loser. And it's not like Lee "lost" tonight, hell, he himself got an Oscar!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DAJK said:

I dunno, depending on the day, I'd argue that Klansman was a better movie than Green Book. But does anyone remember Halle Berry's Razzie acceptance speech? To be a good winner you also have to be a good loser. And it's not like Lee "lost" tonight, hell, he himself got an Oscar!

He's not mad about losing, he's mad about the movie that won.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Mulder said:

Come on man that's bs, not to mention nobody knew who was behind the attacks on the day of 9/11.

Dude, its an extensively researched news story. You can't just call "fake news" because you disagree with it. And, no, by that afternoon it was commonly believed the planes were piloted by arab terrorists.

1 minute ago, Wrath said:

Dude, its an extensively researched news story. You can't just call "fake news" because you disagree with it. And, no, by that afternoon it was commonly believed the planes were piloted by arab terrorists.

Except it's not, it's been discredited over and over.

EDIT: https://www.snopes.com/news/2015/11/22/donald-trump-cheering-911/

Edited by Mulder
  • Like 1

Is Green Book the film where a white dude teaches a black dude stuff that he has no business teaching a black man? So it's business as usual at the Oscars.

And don't worry about Close; she will get her Oscar when they finally make the film version of the musical adaptation of Sunset Boulevard. 

1 minute ago, Jake Gittes said:

He's not mad about losing, he's mad about the movie that won.

Then he should see the movie that won and ask himself why he's mad that a movie that focuses on acceptance between two races won over his movie that focuses all on contention between two races. 

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1
  • Knock It Off 3

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

Then he should see the movie that won and ask himself why he's mad that a movie that focuses on acceptance between two races won over his movie that focuses all on contention between two races. 

1N0UjV3.jpg

You're part of the problem.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

All I know is that Mr. Vallelonga probably shouldn’t have said that Trump was right about how thousands of Muslims were cheering for 9/11

Oh, sure. The surest way to be made a fool of is to say Trump is 100% right about anything.

3 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

All I know is that Mr. Vallelonga probably shouldn’t have said that Trump was right about how thousands of Muslims were cheering for 9/11. 

I lived in a muslim-majority country, I can prove Trump is right, they were cheering, although not on massive celebration scale but they were privately in a conversation. As a matter of fact, I can assure Not all Muslim are the same majority of them aren't but too bad, I saw quite a number of them did 

• Like 1

Just now, titanic2187 said:

I lived in a muslim-majority country, I can prove Trump is right, they were cheering, although not on massive celebration scale but they were privately in a conversation. As a matter of fact, I can assure Not all Muslim are the same majority of them aren't but too bad, I saw quite a number of them did 

New Jersey is now muslim majority? Because that's what Trump said.

• Like 1

Just now, titanic2187 said:

He specifically said NJ which he was wrong about-

https://www.snopes.com/news/2015/11/22/donald-trump-cheering-911/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

I think we watched two completely different BlacKkKlansman movies. Y'know, unless you consider "contention" between a black man and the KKK as a bad thing.

• Like 1