Litio

4-day Weekend Official| Alita $33.50M, Lego $27.75m, Isn't Romantic $16.64M, WMW $12.21m, HDD2U $11m

11 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I just watched this video and agreed with everything he said.

I'm not familar with American politics? What makes when an alt-right, there's nothing right wing about this video, if there is can you point me to it.

NPC, SJW, etc is all alt-right lingo. There is nothing specifically alt-right about what he is saying but the way he is saying and the way he is attacking others is very alt-right-y. And watch his other videos, dude clearly is an extremely toxic individual. I pity the poor souls around him.

Edited by lorddemaxus

42 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

Me and the Alt-right crowd are not looking forward to Cap Marvel for different reasons. They hate Brie Larson but I just think it looks boring.

However, in an interesting turn, the alt-right crowd has taken a liking to Alita, so expect some of TLJ haters (not all, just the identify politics type) to now sudden contribute to Alita box office. They suddenly seen to like Cameron to some reason, what a fun outcome.

I wouldn't be saying this with pride my man lmao.

4 minutes ago, Neucentro said:

Most of the others are national emergencies on foreign soil. This one is domestic. But if it was real emergency, it would have some impact on the box office. But this one is a political ploy meant to override the budgeting power vested in Congress by the Constitution. So it should not be considered a national emergency in real terms.

But not all...and some were equally "not emergency"...

I mean, we've had national emergencies for a US postal service strike and for not importing diamonds...a border one seems to fit as well as they do...which means, it doesn't...which is par for the course for pretty much all national emergencies that could have been handled by the legislature ever actually passing a bill for a president to sign...

But that's crazy talk...and politics talk...and this is a movie's board...so bring on Friday numbers:)...

30 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I'm not familar with American politics? What makes when an alt-right, there's nothing right wing about this video, if there is can you point me to it.

A video can be deceiving, this video might not be entirely disagreeable, but his channel (SC reviews) started as a TLJ hating channel laughing at it's box office, along with solo (to be fair, I laughed too 😅), he profited along with other channels (like Geeks & Gamer) which  rose to popularity due to the backlash against TLJ from the "identify politics" point of view. Of course, there's many legitimate complaints that can be made against TLJ, however, most of the subscribers in these channels simply use their identify of a "SW fan" as a way to bash the "Libtards, SJ Warriors, soy-boys and the NPCs", they are much more interested in reciting right-wing talking points and memes than any legitimate criticisms, just taking a look at comment sections of any of their videos and this should be fairly obvious. To judge whether a channel is of the Alt-right category, you just have to look at how channel started and prospered and what the comment section is like. If you see a video discussing Alita or Star Wars, and the comment section is bashing "soy boys, and talking about how they are drinking real milk", you know that there's a problem.

In addition, these people are very disingenuous when giving their "praise" to James Cameron, they do it because someone they perceive to be SJW actually bashed Jim. On another day, they could very well start to bash Jim for Avatar 2, because Jim is "stupidly buying into environmentalism" in his Avatar series to appease the left. So I would suggest don't give these people too much attention on any given day.

Edited by NCsoft
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I think it has something to do with James Cameron criticizing Wonder Woman as an objectified sex icon, calling it a step backwards for female characters while praising his own Sarah Connor as strong with grit. 

https://variety.com/2017/film/news/james-cameron-wonder-woman-praise-misguided-step-backwards-1202538440/

Then someone on Youtube just tries to make a fuss about old news and pits Cameron against their straw man SJWs.

Mojo is going with 170-175 prod budget for Alita (170 on the movie-page and 175 in their write-up yesterday)

Fox's Alita: Battle Angel carries its lofty, $175 million production budget into 3,790 locations today.

Maybe they are all quoting each-other but seems like the number to trust.

Edit:

60% on RT after 190+ reviews and 93% Audience.

Edited by a2k
  • Astonished 1

14 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Please can we NOT talk about politics? Can we focus on Alitas relative overperformance in comparison with its tracking?

Btw @IronJimbo im gonna see Alita in 1 hour. Im pretty stoked.

get excited my dude, it's the beginning of the anime adaption age

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

17 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

But not all...and some were equally "not emergency"...

I mean, we've had national emergencies for a US postal service strike and for not importing diamonds...a border one seems to fit as well as they do...which means, it doesn't...which is par for the course for pretty much all national emergencies that could have been handled by the legislature ever actually passing a bill for a president to sign...

But that's crazy talk...and politics talk...and this is a movie's board...so bring on Friday numbers:)...

Congress passed a budget bill and the President signed it. But he still declared a national emergency to nullify part of the signed bill.

Enough with facts. Back to box office, Alita is only slightly ahead of Lego 2 on Fandango. But tonight it should pick up the pace and be a comfortable No. 1 for the day.

20 minutes ago, NCsoft said:

A video can be deceiving, this video might not be entirely disagreeable, but his channel (SC reviews) started as a TLJ hating channel laughing at it's box office, along with solo (to be fair, I laughed too 😅), he profited along with other channels (like Geeks & Gamer) which  rose to popularity due to the backlash against TLJ from the "identify politics" point of view. Of course, there's many legitimate complaints that can be made against TLJ, however, most of the subscribers in these channels simply use their identify of a "SW fan" as a way to bash the "Libtards, SJ Warriors, soy-boys and the NPCs", they are much more interested in reciting right-wing talking points and memes than any legitimate criticisms, just taking a look at comment sections of any of their videos and this should be fairly obvious. To judge whether a channel is of the Alt-right category, you just have to look at how channel started and prospered and what the comment section is like. If you see a video discussing Alita or Star Wars, and the comment section is bashing "soy boys, and talking about how they are drinking real milk", you know that there's a problem.

In addition, these people are very disingenuous when giving their "praise" to James Cameron, they do it because someone they perceive to be SJW actually bashed Jim. On another day, they could very well start to bash Jim for Avatar 2, because Jim is "stupidly buying into environmentalism" in his Avatar series to appease the left. So I would suggest don't give these people too much attention on any given day.

at feel as though every gets riled up too easy and somehow Jim's enviromental message in Avatar will piss everyone off

Friday number soon!

• Like 1

Just now, That One Guy said:

Hey, question, why do you feel the need to continuously go after Alita?  Maybe stop getting so worked up about it?  thanks!

because LordDex is NOT COOL, that's what I'm thinking!

• Like 2
  • Astonished 1