Litio

4-day Weekend Official| Alita $33.50M, Lego $27.75m, Isn't Romantic $16.64M, WMW $12.21m, HDD2U $11m

2 hours ago, Maxmoser3 said:

If Alita does Kingsman 1 numbers, that wouldn’t be bad but may need $450-$500 million WW to break-even. 

Deadline they’re pissing me off.. so $8-$10 million ow? So ok at worst it”ll do Ouija:Origin Of Evil numbers. It has to be trash to do that low.

Isn’t It Romantic is doing acceptable. Rebel Wilson isn’t big outside of Pitch Perfect. So it will be an alright profit.

This  is also the first Valentine’s Day/Presidents Day/ February since 2014... we didn’t have a movie starring the queen  of Valentine’s Day/February latest?cb=20160913191408

image-2018-07-27.jpg

e139681121efd8769f61ec478c6d87c1.jpg

How many '50 Shades' movies are there?

15 hours ago, Avatree said:

The problem is, Tree only returned two weeks ago. 

Most of the millions of Tree fans left after Tree was suspended back on Jurassic World opening weekend.

What happened on Jurassic World's opening weekend?

What/who is Tree?  Jessica Rothe??

15 hours ago, Avatree said:

Omg the sequel to Happy Death Day 2U should be Happy Death Day Tree.

We can only hope.  There might have to be mass violent protests to get Tree back for a third one

18 minutes ago, YLF said:

It’s annoying that cinemascore doesn’t reveal the score on opening day anymore. Why is that? 

hope it means they are taking a more extended sample size

No way the box office falls to streaming.  They just need to volunteer and make more exciting movies.  It doesn't seem like much movies triggered the senses in between Alita and TLJ.  Transformers 5?  The drought made itself IMO

35 minutes ago, Litio said:

Based on Fandango's sales, I see Alita's OD closer to $10m. I was seeing its 5-day over $40m too. Looks it is happening.

it's because I willed it

11 hours ago, IronJimbo said:

8m Ye sure, lets do 10m instead ok?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 1

57 minutes ago, Litio said:

Based on Fandango's sales, I see Alita's OD closer to $10m. I was seeing its 5-day over $40m too. Looks it is happening.

Neat! next thing to worry about is how frontloaded this thing is :) 

It also did do pretty good on twitter yesterday (according to https://pro.boxoffice.com/movie/30803/alita-battle-angel ).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Litio said:

A 7.5M true Thurs would be 25% over the 6M Thurs deadline currently has. Could get pretty close to a 50M 5-day if the GA reception is as good as the audience RT suggests right now (on par with Spiderverse, though the sample size of ~4K is still a tad small for me).

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Thanos Legion said:

A 7.5M true Thurs would be 25% over the 6M Thurs deadline currently has. Could get pretty close to a 50M 5-day if the GA reception is as good as the audience RT suggests right now (on par with Spiderverse, though the sample size of ~4K is still a tad small for me).

Yeah, i am still taking that audience score with a grain of salt... though i think reactions form 2.5k and up are actually from opening day and not early screenings. So they should be skewing a bit less fanboy/girl. The 4.6 avg rating has also held up reasonably well (did dip for a while to 4.5).

• Like 1