MrGlass2

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom | December 22, 2023 | David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick (co-writer of first film) returns

53 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

I honestly don't get the people who take some personal satisfaction out of movies of any genre or type flopping. To carry around that kind of negative energy must be exhausting. 

nothing wrong with having a wry smile at Hollywood’s monomania coming back to bite it in ass. Who knows how well this film will do but the general downturn was always coming.

Edited by Hatebox

1 hour ago, HummingLemon496 said:

Alright sorry, I'll take my seething somewhere else and piss off from this thread until presales start. Yes I was being a moron spamming this thread with the same garbage 20 times, you were correct @Dominic Draper

Peace Out Goodbye GIF by NETFLIX

All good man, no hard feelings. I'm sure it'll be entertaining one way or another when this comes out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hatebox said:

nothing wrong with having a wry smile at Hollywood’s monomania coming back to bite it in ass. Who knows how well this film will do but the general downturn was always coming.

A new word for my collection, nice.

GIF by The Simpsons

I see your point, it still often gets way too negative though, almost ghoulish, then it isn't exactly a good look. But hey, if that makes the person doing it happy I guess...

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Hatebox said:

Yeah i know. Believe me considering how the studios pure greed just led to a wasted 6 months I do not cry for them at all. But as movie lover who loves all types and genres of movie I just get really bugged with the posters who take personal glee out of certain genres failing because they never liked them or have grown tired of them. I am not a horror movie fan for the most part but I do not wish they would bomb or just go away. Stephen King is somebody who did become rich and famous off horror is making headlines saying he does not understand the people celebrating the failure of the Marvels. He even says he does not care for them or go see them. 

Just now, emoviefan said:

Been saying that and those ladies don't give a crap about the demise of the DCEU

Shirtless Blue Beetle was a little boy and absolutely no women wanted to see naked abuser Ezra Miller in the Flash. The men in Aquman are something women will come for.

3 minutes ago, Mojoguy said:

Shirtless Blue Beetle was a little boy and absolutely no women wanted to see naked abuser Ezra Miller in the Flash. The men in Aquman are something women will come for.

Yep And for the GA men as long it's just dumb fun like the first one it will do fine. Will it do anywhere near the first one. Nope but considering how lousy it has been they will take anything above 500 million WW as a win. Keep in mind they have already probably written this off in the books financially. 

13 hours ago, emoviefan said:

I honestly don't get the people who take some personal satisfaction out of movies of any genre or type flopping. To carry around that kind of negative energy must be exhausting. 

Agreed that rooting for movies of s epecific genre flopping in general is stupid.

But rotting for indivudal genre movies to flop  is a different story.Studio makes a bad movie, they deserve what they get.

On 11/10/2023 at 7:00 PM, ThomasNicole said:

It depends, China can make it possible if it explode there 

Chinese audiences aren’t into Hollywood much anymore, but James Wan is Chinese (iirc) and Aquaman 2 trailers so far looks like something that could click there, at least aesthetically it looks more like a Chinese production to me than a Hollywood one  

It can save this along with Christmas legs unless it have absolutely toxic WOM 

I supsect this movement away from Hollywood is being encourgaged by the Chinese regime.